Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Malakalot View Post
first of all I'm no where near 66. What kind of remark is that anyway? Jerky point 1.

second, If you voted them in you got what you wanted. Jerky point 2

third, the oct 14 meeting was at 7pm thats when the town announced their plan to raise the tax. newsday first reported it after this meeting. Maybe you could have made that, maybe you just didn't care enough to go. Jerky point three

four, if all you want to do is cry on this bs forum, that nobody in local government even reads but not be willing to actually do anything, your a bigger loser than you make yourself out to be. Jerky point four.

as an added exercise crap in your left hand and expect in your left. let me know which one fills up first.

Your like 99% of the people out there, ready to beeecth but not willing to actually do anything. Don't get mad at me because of the choices you make.

If you want to know what happened please read my post on the meeting.

1. I wasn't the one that made the remark, but it was a point that generally those who are retired are the ones that can make the meetings at 10AM on a Tuesday

2. I didn't vote for Venditto

3. FALSE, AVSOLUTELY FALSE. The Town proposed the initial budget on September 30th, with NO tax increase. The meeting they had in October in regards to the proposal did NOT have anything in regards to the tax increase. The first mention of the tax increase was on November 18th at the 10AM meeting, the board passed an approve the tax increase the same day.

4. This board allows us to vent. I wasn't expecting things to change when I posted the inital thread.

5. Your post on the meeting did none of that. You said Venditto did a good job at explaining the increase. You did not mention how Venditto explained the increase. Nor did you mention Venditto's explanation for keeping the increase away from the public, not having the increase in the initial proposal, not having the increase in the meeting back ibn October. Having the first mention of the increase on November 18th at a time when virtually no one could attend, and passing the increase the very same day. That was asinine.

6. Again, an increase sometimes needs to be done, that isn't the issue I had. The way these tea partying tax revolters hid the increase from the public, didn't include it in the intial proposal, and made mention of it the same day they passed it without allowing the public do have any input. that is what I took issue with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 11:53 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Internet hero 1%er Mr. Malak, I honestly couldn't care any less on your opinion of my behavior. I've already stated why I act the way I do and in another post also stated I'm only free 3 nights a week and two are Friday & Saturday. And see #3 above. Keep your dumb remarks coming.

Last edited by ovi8; 12-18-2014 at 12:23 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 AM

201 posts, read 333,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Internet hero 1%er Mr. Malak, I honestly couldn't care any less on your opinion of my behavior. I've already stated why I act the way I do and in another post also stated I'm only free 3 nights a week and two are Friday & Saturday. And see #3 above. Keep your dumb remarks coming.
whatever. It appears you care enough to double post. I guess since you at one time "stated why you act the way you do" your excused from normal behavior. Keep complaining on a forum. have a nice life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island