Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 AM

94 posts, read 221,367 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. Looking for somewhere in the Smithtown area to get a decent price on a nice bracelet or diamond earrings. I am kind of uneasy about going to one of the big chain stores. Last year, I made the mistake of ordering a bracelet online from Tiffany's. When I received it, I was shocked at how small it was. I take the blame for not going to buy it in person, but regardless, I do feel that there was a premium paid just for the Tiffany's name.

Any local places that I can go where I will get a fair price regardless of my lack of knowledge in jewelry?

Also, not opposed to other chain places if the prices are fair.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 08:58 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,039,252 times
D'ore Jewelry in Commack, Mayfair shopping center.
Could also try Bunty's in Smithtown or even the Commack Jewelry Exchange.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:04 AM

94 posts, read 221,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Are you recommending these based on experience? I feel like the chain places are safer for people who don't know jewlery, as I assume they don't make up their pricing as they go. Are these more on the honest/reputable side?

Thanks again

Old 01-29-2015, 10:09 AM

538 posts, read 1,008,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Yep...all 3 of these of good places. The Jewelry exchange place is huuuuuuge. Lot's to chose from. D'ore is small, and their prices are little higher. Bunty's is where I went to have a few of my wife's jewelry fixed. They did a great job. Good luck.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_ss View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Are you recommending these based on experience? I feel like the chain places are safer for people who don't know jewlery, as I assume they don't make up their pricing as they go. Are these more on the honest/reputable side?

Thanks again
I have used all of the places I mentioned though I dont remember exactly who I used at the jewelry exchange.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:59 PM

48 posts, read 77,005 times
I suggest taking a little drive to William Floyd Parkway, south of Montauk Highway and check out Enrico's.....he's great, honest. That's where I go for purchases, repairs, watch batteries. I don't even bother going to others. (you'll fine Enrico's Jeweler website online)

Old 01-30-2015, 07:46 AM

791 posts, read 1,623,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslainey View Post
I suggest taking a little drive to William Floyd Parkway, south of Montauk Highway and check out Enrico's.....he's great, honest. That's where I go for purchases, repairs, watch batteries. I don't even bother going to others. (you'll fine Enrico's Jeweler website online)
This is so funny, I was going to recommend the same. It's kind of in the 'hood, but Enrico's is really great.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:50 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,644,730 times
I realize you asked about the Smithtown area, but if you have the time for a drive, try Grosse Brothers in Garden City on Franklin Street. Extremely honest, well established business, and they know their stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island