Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 08:01 AM

161 posts, read 683,263 times

Advertisements

Perhaps you could look into what is required for early graduation in PA then apply for a Spring admission at Stonybrook. Remember student loans are an option but that you will be considered an out of state resident with your transferring PA grades. In order to attend a SUNY school at a resident rate you will need to prove NY residency. Just make a good plan for LI reentry. With a great education- focused degree program, you should be able to live on LI. Your parents may get really tired of PA and join you later! Good luck and enjoy the life experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 09:05 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Thank you so much, this post changed everything. I thought most peoples friends came from high school but I guess they come from everywhere. I am still going to keep in touch but if we outgrow each other we outgrow each other. Thanks for the insight
What they said is true. In high school, you think that your friends will be your only friends for the rest of your life. I was basically the only one of my friends to go away to college, and I lost touch with about 90% of the friends I had in high school. Even those who decided to stay local lost touch with everyone within a year or so. The college friends will probably be the ones you'll have the rest of your life.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:53 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,639 times
Just get away and count your blessings. Dung Island sucks.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:45 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,643,604 times
Just playing devil's advocate here, but it looks like Tymel joined in Dec. 2006 with 60+ posts on this forum, so either you've all been corresponding with a high school kid for the past year, or mommy or daddy is posing as a high school student.

The original post for this thread was a little overdone with spelling errors, etc., trying to make it look authentic. Except most fairly well-educated high school students are more fluent and better spellers than that. And if this is really a student, they need to go back to school and learn to spell and to use grammar correctly.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:39 PM

35 posts, read 126,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here, but it looks like Tymel joined in Dec. 2006 with 60+ posts on this forum, so either you've all been corresponding with a high school kid for the past year, or mommy or daddy is posing as a high school student.

The original post for this thread was a little overdone with spelling errors, etc., trying to make it look authentic. Except most fairly well-educated high school students are more fluent and better spellers than that. And if this is really a student, they need to go back to school and learn to spell and to use grammar correctly.
So they were a few spelling errors, big deal. I understood what he was trying to say. He was probable upset that realty has set in that he is moving. I went back and read some of his earlier post, seems consistent with the current post about relocation, deciding his future etc. I think that its great that at his age he is at least thinking or at least trying to decide on college jobs etc. It would have been nice if his parents could have stayed and rented until he finishes his senior year in HS. Like some of the earlier post have stated, once you graduate from HS you loose touch with most of those friends. I graduated HS back in 1992, last year I hooked up with one of my best friends. What a disaster, it will take me one hour to write about my experience with that, definitely not the person I knew back then and certainly not someone I would be friends with today. So hang in there kid, seems like you have a good head on your shoulders. Give him a break on the spelling

Old 01-13-2008, 12:17 PM

893 posts, read 2,863,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogirl View Post
So they were a few spelling errors, big deal. I understood what he was trying to say. He was probable upset that realty has set in that he is moving. I went back and read some of his earlier post, seems consistent with the current post about relocation, deciding his future etc. I think that its great that at his age he is at least thinking or at least trying to decide on college jobs etc. It would have been nice if his parents could have stayed and rented until he finishes his senior year in HS. Like some of the earlier post have stated, once you graduate from HS you loose touch with most of those friends. I graduated HS back in 1992, last year I hooked up with one of my best friends. What a disaster, it will take me one hour to write about my experience with that, definitely not the person I knew back then and certainly not someone I would be friends with today. So hang in there kid, seems like you have a good head on your shoulders. Give him a break on the spelling
Thanks for believing me. If people don't believe I am a high school student why wont they just look back at my older post?

Woah. You met your best friend from High School and they changed that much that it was a total disaster? Thats crazy, I always thought High School friends were for life and College friends arent. Guess it was the other way around.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:22 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
The original post for this thread was a little overdone with spelling errors, etc., trying to make it look authentic. Except most fairly well-educated high school students are more fluent and better spellers than that. And if this is really a student, they need to go back to school and learn to spell and to use grammar correctly

That occurred to me also, actually.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 AM

652 posts, read 2,265,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
The original post for this thread was a little overdone with spelling errors, etc., trying to make it look authentic. Except most fairly well-educated high school students are more fluent and better spellers than that. And if this is really a student, they need to go back to school and learn to spell and to use grammar correctly

That occurred to me also, actually.
Maybe it's cuz we're from NY...less trusting than the rest of the country..lol

Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,011,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuildz View Post
Maybe it's cuz we're from NY...less trusting than the rest of the country..lol

Yeah.. but hey.. I'm guilty of spelling errors on boards. I'm not paying attention I'm typing fast and don't really care about it being correct.. so really the spelling thing has no bearing on it's authenticity.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:28 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Thats crazy, I always thought High School friends were for life and College friends arent. Guess it was the other way around.
Nobody is your friend for life just because you happened to be in the same place at the same time. That goes for HS, college, the service and the work place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island