Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:42 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,325,464 times

Advertisements

Like I said it's an uphill battle. Very unnerving seeing this all along Post Ave. And this isn't even all of it. I think some of this happened in broad daylight since alot of it wasn't there this morning.
As you can imagine, I feel quite trapped with nowhere to turn to except here. I already emailed the Mayor about it and will contact NCPD too. Freakin illegal gangbanger garbage, please deport them and dump them south of the border where they belong. So sick of dealing with this garbage!
Trust me "North Bellmore" is still a PICNIC compared to this area.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 07:43 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Like I said it's an uphill battle. Very unnerving seeing this all along Post Ave. And this isn't even all of it. I think some of this happened in broad daylight since alot of it wasn't there this morning.
As you can imagine, I feel quite trapped with nowhere to turn to except here. I already emailed the Mayor about it and will contact NCPD too. Freakin illegal gangbanger garbage, please deport them and dump them south of the border where they belong. So sick of dealing with this garbage!
Trust me "North Bellmore" is still a PICNIC compared to this area.

Looks like surenos 13 is trying to move in on MS and 18th street territory. John you have to understand there is zero the NCPD or the village can do about deporting any illegal gang members, it's all the federal government and right now it's de facto amnesty unless you commit a major crime (even warrants of deportation are being ignored). It's a sad situation. They just don't have the political will to enforce immigration law.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Looks like surenos 13 is trying to move in on MS and 18th street territory. John you have to understand there is zero the NCPD or the village can do about deporting any illegal gang members, it's all the federal government and right now it's de facto amnesty unless you commit a major crime (even warrants of deportation are being ignored). It's a sad situation. They just don't have the political will to enforce immigration law.
Yup I've seen MS13, Surenos, and 18th st tags in Westbury. The scary thing is you know these guys have a turf war and worry about getting caught in the crossfire.
I tried to move, I am having no luck finding anywhere in a better neighborhood, many options are even worse than where I am now!
I may have to eventually leave Long Island if the only options for me is living somewhere infested with illegals & crime.
Its not like I'm only looking at the Bellmore area, I'll consider Farmingdale, Bethpage, even Mineola at this point are all still much better options than Westbury. And yes even Valley Stream looks better at this point as well.
If I stay here something bad is going to happen...

Old 05-10-2015, 08:06 PM

519 posts, read 598,014 times
I would GTFO fast. It looks like a turf war brewing with that many new tags. Not only that, they're showing Westbury who owns the village now.
You have to contact our congressional reps to get anywhere with this. Peconic explained the depressing reality of the situation. NCPD is powerless as is the village.

For the 4th district I believe its

SENATORS

Sen. Charles “Chuck” Schumer [D]
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D]
REPRESENTATIVE

Rep. Kathleen Rice [D]

Old 05-10-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
I would GTFO fast. It looks like a turf war brewing with that many new tags. Not only that, they're showing Westbury who owns the village now.
You have to contact our congressional reps to get anywhere with this. Peconic explained the depressing reality of the situation. NCPD is powerless as is the village.

SENATORS

REPRESENTATIVE

Rep. Kathleen Rice [D]
I will try contacting them again but as we all know they support amnesty.
I wouldn't say the NCPD & Village are completely powerless, there need to be more patrols in the village, right now there is ONLY ONE sector car assigned to Westbury. In addition, the Village Code enforcement needs to do patrols 24/7, they did it after Sandy so there's no excuse that they cant do it now.
Surviellence cams could also be set up & monitored to catch them. Grafitti is STILL a crime!
I wish I could GTFO fast but I can't in my circumstances.
Its not right just because I'm not like "everyone else" I have to live in a community like this!

Old 05-10-2015, 09:14 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I will try contacting them again but as we all know they support amnesty.
I wouldn't say the NCPD & Village are completely powerless, there need to be more patrols in the village, right now there is ONLY ONE sector car assigned to Westbury. In addition, the Village Code enforcement needs to do patrols 24/7, they did it after Sandy so there's no excuse that they cant do it now.
Surviellence cams could also be set up & monitored to catch them. Grafitti is STILL a crime!
I wish I could GTFO fast but I can't in my circumstances.
Its not right just because I'm not like "everyone else" I have to live in a community like this!
Yup. Those guys who tagged those walls are seen as future voters for gillabrand and schumner. They are both 100% behind amnesty.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:32 PM

I also wonder if Carle Place is next.
Police search for suspect who stabbed man multiple times in Carle Place | Verizon FiOS1 News - Long Island

Old 05-11-2015, 04:05 AM

384 posts, read 434,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yup. Those guys who tagged those walls are seen as future voters for gillabrand and schumner. They are both 100% behind amnesty.
Somebody has to support the people who go on the dole and refuse to work in any capacity.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:23 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post

SENATORS

REPRESENTATIVE

Rep. Kathleen Rice [D]
Rice couldn't even convict a bunch of harmless Johns, she won't do anything to curb gang violence. Her #1 priority is to secure re-election.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:57 AM

So to follow up here, I went to Village Hall and spoke with the head of the Bldg Dept about the grafitti, since their phones were down. He says he has all the pictures and that I should not be worried and that "gangs do murder, not grafitti".
What world is he living in?
The Mayor acts all tough but you can see this administration has a laid back approach to the problem.
I was told the NCPD is investigating this matter.
It is a shame because there's alot of good people living in Westbury and all levels of government seemed to have failed them.
Most of Patchogue got cleaned up so it can be done Mayor!

Last edited by Johninwestbury; 05-11-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island