Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 06:17 AM

26 posts, read 65,904 times

Advertisements

Hi All, what is your impression about the Roslyn Heights, and Greenvale (Roslyn SD part)? Both of them are low cost part of the Roslyn SD. Just wonder what is your immedidate impression when you hear these two towns?
I heard Greenvale has quite a percentage of Hispanic while Roslyn Heights is more like a Jewish town? Is that right?
Also, compared to Syosset and Dix Hills, which area is more desirable?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 AM

400 posts, read 761,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybird2 View Post
Hi All, what is your impression about the Roslyn Heights, and Greenvale (Roslyn SD part)? Both of them are low cost part of the Roslyn SD. Just wonder what is your immedidate impression when you hear these two towns?
I heard Greenvale has quite a percentage of Hispanic while Roslyn Heights is more like a Jewish town? Is that right?
Also, compared to Syosset and Dix Hills, which area is more desirable?
Thank you!
As with any school district, there are nicer parts and less nicer parts. The same goes for Roslyn. Roslyn Heights is nice and although it is the lower cost area of Roslyn, it is by no means low cost. I am not sure about the hispanic population in Greenvale, but I know there is a large hispanic population in Glen Cove which is just north of Greenvale.

I am sorry I couldn't be of much help, but I just wanted to give you what littel info I had.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:50 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,738 times
I just moved to the Roslyn area (East Hills) and from what I see driving around, Roslyn Heights is just smaller houses on smaller lots around the train station, but still an overall decent area. Nothing wrong with moving there, and you will get a great school district.There is a part of Roslyn heights going towards the Northern State Parkway that has bigger lots and houses, but I think its Wheatley School district (which is still nice). I dont know much about Greenvale.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 AM

402 posts, read 518,694 times
Roslyn Heights is going to win hands down just based on location. $800k in Dix Hills will get you a very nice home with a large backyard. In Roslyn, your lot size would be smaller. Personally, i like the Nassau North Shore parts of Long Island. My husband and i frequently go to the Americana for dinner or to Port Washington to grab a drink. We love being close to the city as well. In terms of school district, ive only heard positives.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 AM

883 posts, read 3,719,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
Roslyn Heights is going to win hands down just based on location. $800k in Dix Hills will get you a very nice home with a large backyard. In Roslyn, your lot size would be smaller. Personally, i like the Nassau North Shore parts of Long Island. My husband and i frequently go to the Americana for dinner or to Port Washington to grab a drink. We love being close to the city as well. In terms of school district, ive only heard positives.
I agree with all of this but will go so far as to say that in Roslyn You will get a postage stamp lot compared to Dix Hills. Syosset is sort of in between. That said, I would say Roslyn is a more desirable area to many. The location is amazing. Distance from the city is obviously much closer but if I remember correctly the legnth of the train ride is actually very similar to Syosset. But being so close to Americana is a major plus in my book lol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island