Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,875 times

Advertisements

We ALL know that West Islip is one of the best places in the US to live. Why on earth would you want to leave a great place and move to a melting pot, like NC? Remember" You pay for what's around you."
IF, you know what I mean. You might live in a development in NC "paying big HOA fees". pull out onto a main rd and see a" pimped ride", you know what I mean by pimped ride, don't you?? Think you would see that in West Islip, ummmmm, I don't think so. Go to a gas station, or convenience store in NC at 11 pm at night, YOU might be the ONLY white person in the store... UMMMMM I don't think so, not the kind of living I want. Would you see that in West Islip? Once again probably not, think about it for a minute. Stay put, and stay where you are, read the crime reports for them NC "melting pots", look at the demographics before you move there, you will be very surprised. Esp, Raleigh Durham Areas and surrounding. Do you really want to send your kids to NC schools? When they are in W. Islip schools? Think before you act people.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:31 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,908,099 times
I'm confused, are you trolling?

First off, I don't see what makes West Islip one of the best places in the US or even on LI. There's no LIRR stop, not much amenities, so-so performing schools and not very walkable. It lives in the shadow of Babylon. I mean, WI's definitely not a bad area but let's just be realistic.

And what's wrong with being the only white person in the store? You go to the store, you pick up what you need, buy it and go. I don't understand the fascination with the other shoppers' heritages. That's why I think children should be exposed to at least a tiny bit of diversity b/c if not then they end up like the OP who can't even function in different settings.

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 05-24-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 05-24-2015, 10:48 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,440 times
LOL!

West Islip is almost as big a turd as this post. Nicely executed.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:59 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,634 times
This was a hysterical post. Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 05-25-2015, 04:51 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I'm confused, are you trolling?

First off, I don't see what makes West Islip one of the best places in the US or even on LI. There's no LIRR stop, not much amenities, so-so performing schools and not very walkable. It lives in the shadow of Babylon. I mean, WI's definitely not a bad area but let's just be realistic.

And what's wrong with being the only white person in the store? You go to the store, you pick up what you need, buy it and go. I don't understand the fascination with the other shoppers' heritages. That's why I think children should be exposed to at least a tiny bit of diversity b/c if not then they end up like the OP who can't even function in different settings.
Lol so obviously a troll post not to be taken seriously.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:00 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Post of the year!

Old 05-25-2015, 06:03 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeingcorp View Post
We ALL know that West Islip is one of the best places in the US to live. Why on earth would you want to leave a great place and move to a melting pot, like NC? Remember" You pay for what's around you."
IF, you know what I mean. You might live in a development in NC "paying big HOA fees". pull out onto a main rd and see a" pimped ride", you know what I mean by pimped ride, don't you?? Think you would see that in West Islip, ummmmm, I don't think so. Go to a gas station, or convenience store in NC at 11 pm at night, YOU might be the ONLY white person in the store... UMMMMM I don't think so, not the kind of living I want. Would you see that in West Islip? Once again probably not, think about it for a minute. Stay put, and stay where you are, read the crime reports for them NC "melting pots", look at the demographics before you move there, you will be very surprised. Esp, Raleigh Durham Areas and surrounding. Do you really want to send your kids to NC schools? When they are in W. Islip schools? Think before you act people.
No comment from me about the post. Please just don't send any hate-o-grams to local black families.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:46 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeingcorp View Post
You might live in a development in NC "paying big HOA fees".
But those fees will still be less than your taxes on LI.....

Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river......

Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Thread closed.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island