Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 03:13 PM

9 posts, read 11,496 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of buying in East Massapequa. One thing that is very important to us is a quiet neighborhood.
Does anyone live in the area off Carmens Mill Road (across from Berner Junior High), or in the neighborhood off Clocks Blvd (south of Merrick Road)? We know it's Amityville school district, but don't care about that - we just want a quiet neighborhood with considerate neighbors (no thumping subwoofers, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 07:18 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,634 times
Clocks is okay. Carmen's Mill is not quiet.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:38 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
U will not be going to the massapequa school district 23. Your kids will go.to amityville.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:39 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
Its.not quiet my friend rented there and was always harassed by the black people that lived there, calling him racist words most often.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Edwin View Post
We are thinking of buying in East Massapequa. One thing that is very important to us is a quiet neighborhood.
Does anyone live in the area off Carmens Mill Road (across from Berner Junior High), or in the neighborhood off Clocks Blvd (south of Merrick Road)? We know it's Amityville school district, but don't care about that - we just want a quiet neighborhood with considerate neighbors (no thumping subwoofers, etc.).
A lot of section 8 and renters there and a drug den motel.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:31 AM

113 posts, read 127,048 times
My wife and I bought a house last year in East Massapequa, near the Pathmark on Carmans road. While it is not as nice as Massapequa or Massapequa Park, it is still a decent area. We are zoned for Amityville schools unfortunately but houses a few blocks over were going for almost $100,000 more because of being in diff school disctricts. It is a blue collar family neighborhood, dont listen to the idiots on here talking about being harassed FYI we are both white. The area by 110 can be a little sketchy but they are in the process of tearing down the trailer parks and replacing them with housiing and a starbucks and other retail stores.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:34 AM

Taz Crazy - no kids, so the SD isn't a concern. My husband is a black man, so that is also not a concern. We are simply looking for a respectable, QUIET neighborhood without a lot of rentals - especially absentee landlords. I grew up on the water in Massapequa and had a horrible next door neighbor - white, and well-to-do. We just want peace and quiet.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:39 AM

Brian - thank you very much! As I stated in the previous reply, we are really looking for a quiet neighborhood with considerate neighbors. I'm sick of idiots sitting in their driveways blasting their car stereos, and just blasting music in general to the point where, even with doors and windows shut and AC on, we listen to other people's noise in our home.
We saw a home for sale off Carmen Mill Road, but from what was said here, there are many rental homes. : (

Old 05-27-2015, 09:40 AM

Brian - thank you very much! As I stated in the previous reply, we are really looking for a quiet neighborhood with considerate neighbors. I'm sick of idiots sitting in their driveways blasting their car stereos, and just blasting music in general to the point where, even with doors and windows shut and AC on, we listen to other people's noise in our home.
We saw a home for sale off Carmen Mill Road, but from what was said here, there are many rental homes. : (

Old 05-27-2015, 09:41 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Edwin View Post
Taz Crazy - no kids, so the SD isn't a concern. My husband is a black man, so that is also not a concern. We are simply looking for a respectable, QUIET neighborhood without a lot of rentals - especially absentee landlords. I grew up on the water in Massapequa and had a horrible next door neighbor - white, and well-to-do. We just want peace and quiet.
Are you focused on Massapequa only? Would you go further into Suffolk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island