Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 12,980 times

Advertisements

Don't Do It!!! Look Anywhere Else. (not Hempstead Either)

Old 12-06-2006, 01:59 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,376,393 times
Are you kidding! Ok, since she's having a hard time doing the research. Have her search http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/ This site list the top places to live and gives a great breakdown by various factors. [Note this is not a put down] I'm a native New Yorker and Brentwood is a catalyst for failure.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 29,142 times
Default your mistaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamter View Post
Brentwood L.I. is not the place for your sister to move let alone raise children, because liberalism took care of that many years ago.
sorry but i think brentwood is the best place to leave at
and RAISE A FAMILY
especially knowing that many high class famalies are moving to brentwood
famalies lik from glen cove which is a very nice place,glen head,tha hamptons,greatneck,portwashington etc
brentwood is the BEST.....

Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Since you guys seem to know all about Brentwood, I have a new question. I work near Brentwood and I am interested in purchasing a large plot of land. Does anyone know how much an acre of land goes for in Brentwood. I have been in contact with the owner of the land, but I wanted to get a feel from you guys what the going price is. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.
MARC brentwood is a GREAT place to by land at
and the price i leave under your consideration depending on the land
you couldnt hace found a better place

Old 03-15-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg View Post
Brentwood is a sewer. I grew up there, so I know first hand. My parents first moved into Brentwood back in '57, and back then it was considered a fine middle class area. Decent schools, shopping, and many families with young childen. Made a lot of friends back then. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead there. I'm even embarassed to say I used to live there. Unless you speak Spanish, and you are from a Latin country, you will definitely be an outsider. Then there's the gangs and the drugs and the crime... Need I say more? Stay away, far away.
WOW ....since '57 sorry man but its obvious you havent updated your research Brentwood is the best

Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,557,715 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Brentwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxaida View Post
My sister is considering moving to Brentwood ...

For those who may not be familiar with Brentwood:

Originally known as Modern Times, Brentwood is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the northwest section of the Town of Islip, in the southwest part of Suffolk County, along the Islip/Smithtown, Islip/Babylon and Islip/Huntington town lines.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Brentwood in the Town of Islip is bordered on the north by Hamlet of Commack and the Hamlet of Hauppauge in the Town of Smithtown (the Islip/Smithtown town line); on the east by the Hamlet of Central Islip and the Hamlet of Islip; on the south by the Hamlet of Islip, the Hamlet of North Bay Shore and the Hamlet of Baywood; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Deer Park in the Town of Babylon (the Islip/Babylon town line) and the Hamlet of Dix Hills in the Town of Huntington (the Islip/Huntington town line).

The Hamlet of Brentwood has a different border than does the "Brentwood, NY 11717" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Brentwood, NY 11717" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Brentwood): places that have a "Brentwood, NY 11717" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Brentwood are in the Hamlet of Dix Hills in the Town of Huntington.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 03-16-2008, 02:14 PM

79 posts, read 319,298 times
Default jalice

I wish people stop bashing Hempstead. Hempstead has it's bad spots just like any other place. I've been here for 10 years and I love it. We have a lot of shops and entertainment places to visit. The homes are beautiful and a lot of the local politician live in the area, unlike other places the people representing their village or district don't live there or care what goes on in the neighborhood they suppose to be representing.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,557,715 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Hempstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaam View Post
I wish people stop bashing Hempstead.

For those who may not be familiar with Hempstead:

Hempstead is a village (incorporated in 1853) in the north-center section of the Town of Hempstead, in the central part of Nassau County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Village of Hempstead in the Town of Hempstead is bordered on the north by the Village of Garden City and the Hamlet of East Garden City; on the east by the Hamlet of East Garden City and the Hamlet of Uniondale; on the south by the Hamlet of Baldwin and the Hamlet of South Hempstead; and, on the west by the Hamlet of West Hempstead.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Hempstead-village-ny-map.gif (broken link)

The Village of Hempstead has a different border than does the "Hempstead, NY 11550" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Hempstead, NY 11550" mailing address and not be in the Village of Hempstead): places that have a "Hempstead, NY 11550" mailing address that are not in the Village of Hempstead are in the Hamlet of East Garden City and the Hamlet of South Hempstead.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 PM

4 posts, read 27,282 times
Brentwood is not that bad...........Every town has its problems. I live in Bayshore and my children go to brentwood schools and the both are in alot of activities and are good students. There are many nice areas left in brentwood such as North Brentwood which is by the LIEand East brentwood which is off of islip ave. yes we do here of gang problems and drug dealing in brentwood and theWest islip and commack kids are buying them and using them

Old 04-12-2008, 12:13 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,499,583 times
If you could avoid it, I would. My cousins live there. Two drive-bys across the street from them in less than 6 months...enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island