Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxaida View Post
She was thinking that since Brentwood, CA was nice maybe Brentwood, NY was the same.
Good God, now that is funny!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 05:50 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
ok, if brentwood was so nice, why was there a need for the guardian angels to form a chapter there many years ago? certainly not because it was safe.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:56 AM

518 posts, read 1,820,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
ok, if brentwood was so nice, why was there a need for the guardian angels to form a chapter there many years ago? certainly not because it was safe.
doesnt mean ur going to get mugged walking down the road or going to the store..

Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 PM

308 posts, read 445,747 times
I wouldn't live in Brent-hood.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
doesnt mean ur going to get mugged walking down the road or going to the store..
actually, it does. the angels were asked by the community to come down and help with the high crime that was going on there. there were all types. I dont know if things have gotten better or worse now though.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:48 PM

5 posts, read 18,466 times
Brentwood is slowly deteriorating, graffiti on the fences, unkept houses, and gangs are ruining that area, I was surprised personally how bad it has become but the properties are huge in comparison to similar income areas in Nassau county, I would advise her from moving there.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,094 times
Slowly?

Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
Brentwood, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bring back Modern Times.

Im sold!

Crooks

Old 10-15-2009, 04:20 AM

I had to work in Brentwood not too long ago and do work on a vet's house (our company owed a few homes in the area that housed vets) and I wasnt too sure of the area. sure enough, I pulled over into a parking lot near a drugstore and a white female came up to me and asked if I could get her drugs! and if that wasnt bad enough...I was on the phone with a suffolk cop when she asked!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,633 times
I live in Brentwood with my aging parents who won't leave (although I keep trying to convince them) but need some help. We have been here since 1974, and we are in North Brentwood by the LIE which someone described as the "good" section. Let me tell you how good it is. My son has not attended Brentwood schools for the last 6 years. We are caucasion, and My Fiance' is Puerto Rican. When my son was in 6th grade (he is now in 12th) My fiance went with me to pick him up from school, he looked around and said "We need to get him out of here or he's going to get hurt!" The next day, there were about 7 cop cars at the middle school when I went to pick him up... some gang activity! Gunshots, sirens, loud booming music, & screams are all common sounds here. Helicopters circling overhead with search lights are a common occurance as well. There is an elementary school nearby, and the theives in the area like to take their stolen vehicles there to set them on fire in the parking lot. 2 blocks away, the police have cordonned off a whole block because psycho was randomly shooting at people out of a second story window. And speaking of psychos, we have Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center a few blocks away, which seems to house most of the areas Sex Offenders (Check Megans Law Website!). Hmmm, there was also the Bread trucks...yes, plural... with the S.W,A.T team in the back that rolled around to corner (5 houses away) for a raid. And who can forget the poor bloody man stumbling across my front lawn after being stabbed by a group of the wonderful illigal immigrants who hang out by the grocery stores (where, said man was trying to buy some milk when they jumped him & stabbed him repeatedly for the whole $8 he had in his wallet!) Brentwood is a HOLE! I have been here long enough that I know what places to avoid. I try to avoid all of them and shop in a neighboring town. I should be able to safely wash my car or mow my lawn without looking over my shoulder. I should also be able to run in my house to use the bathroom without shutting & locking the door on a beautiful summer day. But I can't. First chance I get, I'm out of here, and off of Long Island Totally if I can manage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island