Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 AM

1,110 posts, read 666,025 times

Advertisements

Fortune Wheel - BJ's built their entrance and exit around it due to public outcry when leaked FW would lose their lease/ location.

Bravo! Nader in Huntington Village

If truffles are in season - Piccolo in Huntington Village
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 12:37 AM

17,877 posts, read 15,719,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICDForumbites View Post
Wow, pipe dream thread of the week. Unless he does a bagels and pizza episode...oh wait, even that wouldn't include Long Island. LI is more of a Guy Fieri type of dining town (maybe). Bourdain goes for a more creative, culturally diverse and adventurous dining experience.
Have you seem most of his shows. He does not always. I went to this little town in Mass once. Nothing fancy there, no cultural diversity there, and nothing adventurous. The town did apparently have a heroin problem.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:26 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,511,209 times
If Bourdain can do an entire show dedicated to Jersey, I don't see why he can't come to LI (although I doubt he ever will). Bourdain likes dives and shacks more then fine dining, I'm sure LI must have some hidden gems.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:11 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,300,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If Anthony Bourdain ever comes to LI, what places should he hit up, for his show Parts Unknown of course? I am sure he has been here before, and knows it very well. But if he is doing his show Parts Unknown here, what places would you want the TV audience to see to really get what Long Island is about?
The LIE during rush hour.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 AM

137 posts, read 192,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Have you seem most of his shows. He does not always. I went to this little town in Mass once. Nothing fancy there, no cultural diversity there, and nothing adventurous. The town did apparently have a heroin problem.

I've been a fan long before he was on TV. I was a working chef when Kitchen Confidential came out. I'm talking about cultural diversity of FOOD, not the long island buzzword for ethnicity. Much more "diversity" of food choices in Massachusetts than Long Island, small town or big. He just sat down to eat pork heads with his hands in Madagascar. Slightly more "adventurous" than All American Burger.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 AM

137 posts, read 192,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Bourdain likes dives and shacks more then fine dining, I'm sure LI must have some hidden gems.
Again, I think he's being mistaken for Guy Fieri. Bourdain likes bone marrow in Singapore and international street foods. Not dives and shacks. I'm sure he likes a dirty water dog, but why come to LI for it? What on LI is unique or interesting in food circles? I'd love to know. I would be thrilled to know. We just got our first Vietnamese joint and the battle rages over Sonic and Chic-Fil-A. What am I missing? I mean it positively. It's not just low taxes and cost of living that attract people and businesses. It's vibrant restaurants and entertainment too. Bourdain finds food with compelling stories behind it and not a lot of that here, sadly.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:45 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,404,961 times
Mr. Fadeley’s Deli Pub

Old 06-10-2015, 04:56 PM

764 posts, read 1,545,882 times
Quote:
Again, I think he's being mistaken for Guy Fieri. Bourdain likes bone marrow in Singapore and international street foods. Not dives and shacks. I'm sure he likes a dirty water dog, but why come to LI for it? What on LI is unique or interesting in food circles? I'd love to know. I would be thrilled to know. We just got our first Vietnamese joint and the battle rages over Sonic and Chic-Fil-A. What am I missing? I mean it positively. It's not just low taxes and cost of living that attract people and businesses. It's vibrant restaurants and entertainment too. Bourdain finds food with compelling stories behind it and not a lot of that here, sadly.

He had a philly cheese steak in NJ on his show .

Old 06-13-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I've been a fan long before he was on TV. I was a working chef when Kitchen Confidential came out. I'm talking about cultural diversity of FOOD, not the long island buzzword for ethnicity. Much more "diversity" of food choices in Massachusetts than Long Island, small town or big. He just sat down to eat pork heads with his hands in Madagascar. Slightly more "adventurous" than All American Burger.
What do you consider as diverse in Mass, that LI lacks?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
How about B&B Fish and clams in Bayview on Merrick and Dowsing Pl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island