Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 06:30 AM

964 posts, read 2,463,132 times

Advertisements

Most people from the Indian subcontinent are actually classified as Caucasians. This likely isn't even a bi-racial couple. Even if it were, it is 2015 and people just don't care. Time to move on. Seems like someone is just fishing to score victim points on a non-issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 05:57 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Most people from the Indian subcontinent are actually classified as Caucasians. This likely isn't even a bi-racial couple. Even if it were, it is 2015 and people just don't care. Time to move on. Seems like someone is just fishing to score victim points on a non-issue.
I know what you're trying to say but I don't think anyone thinks of Indians as being white.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:50 PM

31 posts, read 14,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamtheman2 View Post
I saw a ton of Indian women with white men there, a lot.

The few Indian men I met there who were successful and married to white women, the white women were more swarthier and Lisa Edelstein lookalike types, not the blonde types.

I think it is wrong for me not to share my complete experience but I got this impression when I noticed a difference. In California no one notices us as a couple and I LOVE that. In NYC, when we visited, we got a lot of comments which were rude. One guy on a subway said to us "must be an oil prince to get that kind of woman", staring at my wife and laughing. He was an older white male that looked Italian, could have been some other heritage though. Also in restaurants and other places where we would get stares and have waiters comment on our race, like wtf.

From what I know of the area and its inhabitants, it seems like NYC has a lot of non-Anglo whites like Italians that aren't too accepting or tolerant of a Sanjay Gupta lookalike marrying a Heather Graham. Maybe I am wrong and just basing this all off of one bad visit to the city.

People like Indians and Asians when we work on computers or become doctors and fulfill their image of a "good" citizen that sticks to his own race and bows his head down in agreement. People don't like it too much when that Indian and Asian guy making a six figure salary decides he wants to date that Teresa Palmer lookalike, hell usually ensues unless the guy is in California.
It's now 2021- do you still think Italians are more racist than other ethnicities ??? If so, explain Trump, Chauvin and Amy Cooper... So naive to think any group is more racist than another. I guess you've been watching too many Spike Lee movies... Lol Btw, I read this thread because I knew someone who bring up those intolerant "Guidos"...

Old 07-30-2021, 08:13 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saketsiamese View Post
It's now 2021- do you still think Italians are more racist than other ethnicities ??? If so, explain Trump, Chauvin and Amy Cooper... So naive to think any group is more racist than another. I guess you've been watching too many Spike Lee movies... Lol Btw, I read this thread because I knew someone who bring up those intolerant "Guidos"...
You sought and found a post that it has been over 6 YEARS since the last post. The original poster is gone almost that long and your purpose in doing this is?

Old 07-31-2021, 09:19 AM

184 posts, read 228,048 times
Indians live amongst the whites on LI. Now the blacks, that’s a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island