Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:10 AM

519 posts, read 597,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
And how does vomiting get rid of alcohol content from your BLOOD???
Stomach > Intestines > Blood

umm, it immediately stops MORE alcohol from entering your bloodstream!!! unless he was injecting the alcohol???

It was speculation. Guess he was trying to flee then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 10:21 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,599 times
DWAI is a traffic infraction. Just a citation. He passed his field sobriety exercises and he showed zero signs of being under the influence. The police should have drawn blood immediately. I don't see a conviction coming, even if they decide to pursue the DWI charge.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:12 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The limo folded up like a cardboard box while the damage to the truck wasn't much more than the damage a deer did to my Jeep a few years ago.

Where's the other driver's BAC? Where's the data on the three cell phones involved (the limo guy had two)? Where's the driving history of both drivers? Why is the DA focusing on only one driver? We know the limo driver made an unsafe turn that was the ultimate cause of the crash, why don't we know anything else?
DWI charges are like drug laws - there's physical, indisputable evidence, so convictions are easier to get. Many people in jail for simple drug possession were actually arrested for something more serious such as assault, but the DA didn't have sufficient evidence to get a conviction for that, so they fall back on the drug charge because they know they can make it stick. If they can prove this driver was drunk, it's an open and shut case, whereas the limo guy's culpability in making an illegal U-turn is much harder to establish.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
Some folk just like to harass folk who have an occasional drink.

The Mom in Oceanside the other day I find it bad she drove drunk with a few kids in car.

But ten times worse is what the snitch did to her. Down in Long Beach where speed limit is like 15mph she taps a guys bumper at a light. She gets out of car, knocks on window he ignores her, writes down her license plate then lets her drive the three miles up Long Beach Road to get home which she did safely then sends police to her house to have her arrested.

me, I would have exchanged info. If she was a bit drunk would have insisted she move over and I drive her home. Maybe follow her home to make sure she drives slow on Long Beach road and get home safe.

Instead this guy puts all three kids life in danger by letting her continue on unsupervised so he could have satisfaction of getting her arrested and mug shot on news.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:35 AM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Seems like the "in" thing to do these days. I asked my wife why she hasn't gotten half a load on and went out driving with the kids. She said she just hasn't had the time yet but hopefully soon. I told her she needs to step up the game and have a loaded assault rifle and a bag of blow on the back seat in between the kids.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:39 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Seems like the "in" thing to do these days. I asked my wife why she hasn't gotten half a load on and went out driving with the kids. She said she just hasn't had the time yet but hopefully soon. I told her she needs to step up the game and have a loaded assault rifle and a bag of blow on the back seat in between the kids.
how can she snort and drive with the blow in the back seat?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:12 PM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
how can she snort and drive with the blow in the back seat?
Very long straw. My wife is very talented.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:29 PM

142 posts, read 265,322 times
Cutchogue limo crash questions - Letters | Newsday

At least I'm not the only one who thinks people are nuts and Newsday is garbage.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:42 AM

519 posts, read 597,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstigs View Post
Cutchogue limo crash questions - Letters | Newsday

At least I'm not the only one who thinks people are nuts and Newsday is garbage.
You're wrong.

What you're saying is we should give drunk drivers the benefit of the doubt when they're involved in a crash. That we should assume the alcohol played no part in it. People get cutoff every single day. We've all experienced it, both as the cutoff driver and the driver who did the cutting off.

No one's saying the limo driver isn't partly at fault [for the accident]. Most sober people will react to something unexpected through evasive maneuvers. (or at the very least lessen the severity of the accident if unavoidable).
When someone drives with enough alcohol in them to surpass .08 BAC, they are impaired and cannot react like a normal driver can. When they get behind the wheel like this they are statistically much much more likely to be involved in a fatal crash. They are unnecessarily skyrocketing the chances of killing someone else or themselves in a crash. These are facts, not some opinions in a crappy newspaper.

Some stats:

About 31% of fatal car accidents involve a drunk driver and about 1/3rd of accidents involve alcohol. From the stats I could find, around 3% of drivers on the road are driving impaired on average.

Do you think it's a coincidence that such a small percentage of drivers account for nearly ONE-THIRD of auto fatalities?

Last edited by Howard Beale; 07-29-2015 at 06:55 AM..

Old 07-29-2015, 06:49 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Are you crazy? They'll confiscate your gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island