Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,750,725 times

Advertisements

Newsday actually had two articles that were positive about the Village of Patchogue two days in a row.

Maybe things are looking up there.

dorothy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 AM

999 posts, read 2,348,578 times
Newsday!!! reporting something, anything right? without a bias twist?
Reading newsday is about as good as looking to the sky right now and prediciting the weather for the week....
They have maybe 2 good reporters that understand how to report news..the rest report what they want, and when called out and asked wth is this...they hide behind some bs "oh the editor only allows so many words per article" so you report nothing of the truth to make it fit, just what you want... Great news paper...

IM not saying things are bad in Patchogue, but apparently you think it is since you are listening to the paper

Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 AM

Things were bad there ; i lived there and still own a house there. So from one that was there it is really shaping up. Resturants are actually staying there.

d

Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,553,426 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Patchogue

For those who may not be familiar with Patchogue:

Patchogue s a village (incorporated in 1893) in the southwest part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the south-center part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Village of Patchogue in the Town of Brookhaven is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of North Patchogue; on the east by the Hamlet of East Patchogue; on the south by the Great South Bay; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Blue Point.

The Village of Patchogue has a different border than does the "Patchogue, NY 11772" postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Patchogue, NY 11772" mailing address and not be in the Village of Patchogue and a place can have other than a "Patchogue, NY 11772" mailing address and be in the Village of Patchogue): places with a "Patchogue, NY 11772" mailing address that are not in the Village of Patchogue are in the Hamlet of Blue Point, the Hamlet of North Patchogue, the Hamlet of East Patchogue, the Hamlet of North Bellport and the Village of Bellport; and, at the same time, there are places in the Village of Patchogue with a "Blue Point, NY 11715" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County):

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,639,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Newsday actually had two articles that were positive about the Village of Patchogue two days in a row.

Maybe things are looking up there.

dorothy
The village is really picking up. Once the affordable/market townhomes are finished in the next few months and the artist lofts/galleries are done, the area will really be cooking. I think there are plans to fix up along the water, too.

I actually would love to check out some investment property out there.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Cgguy ; there are 5 houses for sale on our street. It maybe a decent place in a few years. Give it time. If I had enough, i would buy more also.

dorothy

Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,291,181 times
Patchogue will improve when they get rid of all the illegal aliens there. My Uncle works around there and he says its still as bad as ever, looks more like El Salvador than America. Newsday loves illegals so of course they will think it's a "good" thing.
The REAL way to fix Patchogue is to demolish all the bodegas, illegal apartments, and money wiring stores and put townhomes, restauruants, and places Americans like to go to in their place.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:10 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,639,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Cgguy ; there are 5 houses for sale on our street. It maybe a decent place in a few years. Give it time. If I had enough, i would buy more also.

dorothy
I actually would love to buy a cheap commerical building...you know of anything?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:17 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,470,151 times
Patchogue has changed a lot, even in the last 5 years. I hadn't been out there in forever and drove down Montauk Highway one weekend night last summer...didn't even recognize the place! I was actually out there earlier today and it looks good in the daytime too!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
I actually would love to buy a cheap commerical building...you know of anything?
Drive down Waverly ave ; it changes into West ave. I think there are a few commercial properties for sale. If you are looking for multi units for residential, there are also a few behind the main street.

Good luck
d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island