Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 04:24 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
It seems to be a similar story in all of the corporate childcare chains.
I wouldn't doubt it. They are basically run like retail stores.
No loyalty, just bottom lines. Everyone is expendable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 07:49 AM

481 posts, read 665,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I wouldn't doubt it. They are basically run like retail stores.
No loyalty, just bottom lines. Everyone is expendable.
I remember I read something online that a typical well-run daycare makes about 4% profit only. I guess why they pay employee like crap. I think a head teacher makes about 60k or so. Aide prob minimal wage only.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 901 times
Harbor child care is by far the worst organization ran . This hempstead location is ran by Marylin Rodriguez she's such a horrible director I've heard such sad story's from past employees and parents who were told to keep things "civil an not to make any scene" the director is basically sleeping with the school cook ..I went to meet with her she was in her office with him for over an hour disregarding our plans to meet.I wanted to meet because my child told me she saw a school a staff member talking about handing off some drugs to a parent and prices and one of the young men was very handsy with her ...when I brought this to me Rodriguez she simply said oh children can be so funny with what they say . Nothing was ever done . Once again another child said they over heard a similar convo and still nothing's done ..they are a horrible school the playground is disgusting the admin are rude I feel bad for the children and staff .. I went to pick up my child and saw assistant director Sheila yanking a small child down the hall whispering in and angry way "not today I don't have time for this ****" I couldn't believe my eyes and ears they put up a front to get our money and they treat our children and staff horrible..I pulled my daughter out and she is happy and so am I
----------

Old 05-16-2016, 03:10 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm7 View Post
I remember I read something online that a typical well-run daycare makes about 4% profit only. I guess why they pay employee like crap. I think a head teacher makes about 60k or so. Aide prob minimal wage only.
I worked in a Tutor time and yes they did pay us like crap. For all the stuff I had to put up with, kids crying, throwing up on me, biting each other, some of the kids actually used foul language (these were 3 and 4 years olds) sending little Johnny to day care in designer clothes then getting mad at me because he got dirty! No thanks!!! Glad I changed jobs. I was well liked there but all of the stress was not worth the $$ I was getting paid. I do love kids but it's hard when you are taking care of someone else's.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:43 PM

21 posts, read 41,706 times
Westbury Friends is an extremely nurturing environment for early childhood education. My child loves it and would recommend the school to anyone who's willing and able to pay for more than simple day care. Very educational, enriching, nurturing and focused on holistic development of their children. It's a bit pricey though, but that's to be expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island