Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 08:46 PM

519 posts, read 594,387 times

Advertisements

I don't have to tell you things are bad, they're worse than bad. We all know our local government is corrupt here on LI, but when you see the condescending, cavalier attitude our officials have toward this citizen's concerns it will anger you even more. I thought the part about permits/grandfathering was really interesting. Rob (the hero citizen uncovering corruption and standing up for every Town resident) made Venditto look like an absolute fool!

Start video at around 9 minutes to see the permit part. Venditto plays stupid around 13 minutes pretending to not understand the argument. These TOB officials all ran on the "Tax Revolt" line a few years ago (they raised our taxes anyway ). I think we need a few "Government Revolt" candidates to run next year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedNT8udNHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedNT8udNHM?t=9m39s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 09:46 PM

400 posts, read 756,557 times
I like this guy.. I've seen him other places. He is doing great job challenging the town

Old 08-16-2015, 10:26 PM

781 posts, read 1,190,677 times
The Supervisor is up for election this year, as well as two council members. Please everyone, do your homework on the Town before you vote this year.

Eistein's definition of insanity--doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting the same results.

Love Rob's work to date. Kudos to him.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:48 AM

19,585 posts, read 20,412,309 times
That was great. Screw those guys.
It's all in the body language. Venditto was clearly annoyed and didn't want to deal.
The smug look on his face the whole time. These jerkoffs are supposed to work for the people. Too bad they are only it for their own self gain. Scumbags.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:41 PM

82 posts, read 118,682 times
Yeah I'd vote for him!
Robert K Freier | Candidate, Oyster Bay Council Member | Jericho NY - Democracy.com

Old 08-19-2015, 07:08 AM

7 posts, read 17,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
The Supervisor is up for election this year, as well as two council members. Please everyone, do your homework on the Town before you vote this year.

Eistein's definition of insanity--doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting the same results.

Love Rob's work to date. Kudos to him.
I think it was doing the same thing over and over and expecting *different* results.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:22 AM

400 posts, read 756,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafala View Post
I hope he wins... I hope he continues to fight. I wish I could vote for him....

Old 08-19-2015, 02:21 PM

169 posts, read 672,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tummymumma View Post
I like this guy.. I've seen him other places. He is doing great job challenging the town
I've spent over 2 hours listening to various meeting videos, listening to everyone's opinion.
While yes, he does bring some valid violations and questions to the board of corruption, special treatment and loopholes that town executives enjoy. While I don't like it, it's part of the job as disappointing as it is.

As far as his boat goes that he's been rambling on for 5 years - he parked his boat in his yard against town code, was issued a summons and through years of local/district and supreme court justices, as well as peer trial was denied relief and still found guilty of not being in compliance of TOB code. Move the boat, let it go!!

I'm glad he's there to bring up point about ethics board uselessness, lack of communication or transparency from TOB and wheeling and dealing that goes on among hired contractors and "contributions" those contractors make to the election of these board members. As with a grander federal or state election process, money talks so this is just a local symptom of much greater issue.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:34 PM

82 posts, read 118,682 times
I hope more tax payers join this guy and continue fighting for the residents of TOBY!
Seems nepotism, corruption and raising taxes continue to get out of control.

"Oyster Bay Town Board approves 2015 budget, unannounced 8.8 percent property tax hike..."

If you look at Town of North Hempstead, they hold their town hall meetings at 7:30pm (NOT 10am like TOBY) AND they LIVE STREAM it. They also actually put in EFFORT to be more inclusive and provide a transparent budget so you can SEE how your tax $$$ are being spent...Town of North Hempstead - OpenGov
I see no effort in TOBY on that end...

Old 08-20-2015, 01:12 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,755,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRoar View Post
I think it was doing the same thing over and over and expecting *different* results.

Either way, he never said anything like that; just more internet BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island