U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2015, 04:23 PM
 
Location: SW Florida
1,072 posts, read 1,073,632 times
Reputation: 1638

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
You may think so but it is not and many other people know about it. You should worry probably about it. It can happen and many many things have happened to many many people. Sometimes they dont know till it happens and this can be dangerous especially for familys.
Whatchutalkinboutwillis?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-10-2015, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Suffolk
395 posts, read 343,578 times
Reputation: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
You may think so but it is not and many other people know about it. You should worry probably about it. It can happen and many many things have happened to many many people. Sometimes they dont know till it happens and this can be dangerous especially for familys.



Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Suffolk
395 posts, read 343,578 times
Reputation: 504
oh!







Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Little Babylon
4,546 posts, read 7,931,459 times
Reputation: 2043
I believe there is a connection between the Mothman sightings, the old hospital that was on Mt Misery, Camp Hero and experiments being conducted by the military on Long Island in the 40's 50's and 60's. Also, Cold Spring Harbor Labs and the old Grumman site are both less than 8 miles from where the hospital used to be and were both very into experiments for the military and health department. Add in Plum Island, Brookhaven NL, Camp Hero, and all the other old military contractor sites and it's no surprised that things are still washing up on the shores that nobody can identify, so it wouldn't surprise me that one of the Mothmen slipped out before being recaptured.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,747 posts, read 3,594,154 times
Reputation: 6492
Why are most of you people so rude and nasty? Why do you need to poke fun at others.

Only reason that I know of why anyone needs to do that is to bolster a sagging self esteem.
Every time that Angelzluv tries to start a conversation about paranormal activity on Long Island - she is subjected to ridicule.

It was inferred that sheena12 should have stopped at what? When you want? Then you infer, by the insertion of a video clip from SNL that she must be an "ignorant s-l-u-t".

Nice guys and gal. Way to go.

Any moderators out there?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,747 posts, read 3,594,154 times
Reputation: 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I believe there is a connection between the Mothman sightings, the old hospital that was on Mt Misery, Camp Hero and experiments being conducted by the military on Long Island in the 40's 50's and 60's. Also, Cold Spring Harbor Labs and the old Grumman site are both less than 8 miles from where the hospital used to be and were both very into experiments for the military and health department. Add in Plum Island, Brookhaven NL, Camp Hero, and all the other old military contractor sites and it's no surprised that things are still washing up on the shores that nobody can identify, so it wouldn't surprise me that one of the Mothmen slipped out before being recaptured.
What do you mean escaped? What is your theory of the existence of Mothman?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
9,867 posts, read 12,448,512 times
Reputation: 10302
Warren, Many of us have suggested that if Angelzluv is really interested in the world of Paranormal there are other forums that would be better suited to post in rather than the LI one. She continues to return here and is the subject of ridicule because of this. She would be better to go to the other site where people who view this activity with belief gather. There are other places that will deal with the Long Island activity as it pertains to her view. I am sure if she is truly a student of this that she would have a better result in terms of discussion if she went there.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 04:59 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
18,388 posts, read 22,767,852 times
Reputation: 19694
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Warren, Many of us have suggested that if Angelzluv is really interested in the world of Paranormal there are other forums that would be better suited to post in rather than the LI one. She continues to return here and is the subject of ridicule because of this. She would be better to go to the other site where people who view this activity with belief gather. There are other places that will deal with the Long Island activity as it pertains to her view. I am sure if she is truly a student of this that she would have a better result in terms of discussion if she went there.
I referred her to several sites but I don't think she checked them out. She won't contact a paranormal investigator because she said she's afraid.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Little Babylon
4,546 posts, read 7,931,459 times
Reputation: 2043
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
What do you mean escaped? What is your theory of the existence of Mothman?
Let me ask, what is your theory that they didn't exist?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 AM
 
761 posts, read 703,942 times
Reputation: 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Because the people have written about UFOS in suffolk county, ny I have read in google about mothmen and that they have been seen in many many places but also they hare seen in mt. misery in suffolk county, ny. It is known that mt. misery is where many many things can happen and it has been said that it is evil and that the paranormal lives there. Why do the mothmen go there? What are they and what causes them?

West Hills County Park, Melville, New York

The Mothman is a figure which plays a small role in the book and film, The Mothman Prophecies. The book by John Keel actually deals more with UFOs than the mothman, which has been described as a winged creature between six and ten feet tall, often with glowing red eyes. What is eerie about it, is that when people started collecting stories, the stories were already in existence, rather than coming into existence once it became a part of popular culture. The story related in the book and movie is perhaps the most notorious and well documented case, but it’s also been reported frequently in New Jersey, as well as Long Island. And where else but Mount Misery and Sweet Hollow Road.

You can read about it Mt Misery & Sweet Hollow Road: Of Indians, Mothmen, M.I.B.s and UFOs and it is also in google.

Who knows about the dj who saw the mothman and the ufo and even took a picture of it. What became of him and did the people know of him? Who else has seen it?
Look for the gigantic cocoons hanging from trees. They are a dead giveaway. And if you see a caterpillar the size of a Buick, run like hell.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top