U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:41 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,838,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
How do you know it's "Mothman" and not "Mothwoman"?
Should we not refer to said entity as "Mothperson" until we can clarify the gender?
Don't want to get locked up by the PC police...
#MothLivesMatter
Rate this post positively

Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 PM

9,881 posts, read 12,464,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
You should not be mean because people can ask questions and warren is right. This is a forum to ask questions about long island and people ask many many questions about long island and ask about houses and towns and policemen many many things that have to do with it and most of it is about suffolk county, ny and the people that live there and people that know about it. I will not go to supernatural forums because the people probably dont know about suffolk county, ny and they dont live there and know about it. They are also probably involved in occult and being psychic and it might be bad to be involved. I have had many many questions answered in this forum by nice people who know but also there are bullys that are unkind. There are even people that have said they will go to shoot at my familys house! I have not been unkind to you!
I will explain and then put you on ignore. The reason I suggested the other forum is that you are interested in a topic that has a small pool of people who are interested in this. Despite what you think, the majority of folks on LI at some point with at least inquire about a house or a town to use your own examples, while the majority of folks are not asking about the things you are. Your own statement indicates that you have formed and opinion with no basis in fact.

"They are also probably involved in occult and being psychic and it might be bad to be involved. You neither know if they are involved in occult or if it IS bad to be involved." So you see, you have disregarded sound advice for no reason. Your reasoning also holds no water because if I were interested in Cars, for example, I would look in a car forum, not a forum about a place that I might find a car.

I did not suggest shooting your family home nor would I. What you are looking at as unkind is only because you refuse to take the advice of many, who have suggested that if you really want answers the place to go for them is not on a BROAD based forum about LI but rather one that deals in the type of activity that you are interested in. Believe me, if there is activity on LI it will be covered in the forum. In the mean time, I will put you on ignore so I don't need to see the posts.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:58 PM

395 posts, read 344,022 times
I'm still convinced Angelz is a 13 year old boy posting from his parents basement.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:31 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,074,301 times
She's going to turn you guys into newts.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,838,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS Alex View Post
I'm still convinced Angelz is a 13 year old boy posting from his parents basement.
At first it was entertaining seeing someone believe that nonsense with such fervor, but now it's just annoying. I'm convinced it's either someone with some real mental-health issues or one of the regulars pulling the long con troll act.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:10 PM

12,047 posts, read 13,875,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
#MothLivesMatter
Dammit! I knew I forgot something!

Old 09-11-2015, 11:08 PM

9,720 posts, read 5,098,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
She's going to turn you guys into newts.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:34 PM

4,546 posts, read 7,933,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
What else do you know about it and how do you know? Why are you thinking this? I dont know about cold springs harbor labs but is says in google that it is only miles and very very close to mount misery in suffolk county, ny. What so you know about the hospital? I heard about it but not many people know about it and that much about it even. I know about camp hero but that probably is not true and is just for teenagers?
Can't say much as I am contractually bound not to confirm or deny certain things even if I never came close to working on them, but if you look at the Long Island of the 30's, 40's, 50's and part of the 60's you will see a place that was perfect for developing new types of weapons and conducting experiments. Rural, but close to NYC with it's engineering and pharma firms. There are reasons for Long Islands many suburban legends.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 AM

7,055 posts, read 10,215,201 times
OP should just move to Asbury Park. There's actually a budding paranormal scene going on there, and it even has a bookstore that focuses solely on the occult.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:47 PM

225 posts, read 259,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I will explain and then put you on ignore. The reason I suggested the other forum is that you are interested in a topic that has a small pool of people who are interested in this. Despite what you think, the majority of folks on LI at some point with at least inquire about a house or a town to use your own examples, while the majority of folks are not asking about the things you are. Your own statement indicates that you have formed and opinion with no basis in fact.

"They are also probably involved in occult and being psychic and it might be bad to be involved. You neither know if they are involved in occult or if it IS bad to be involved." So you see, you have disregarded sound advice for no reason. Your reasoning also holds no water because if I were interested in Cars, for example, I would look in a car forum, not a forum about a place that I might find a car.

I did not suggest shooting your family home nor would I. What you are looking at as unkind is only because you refuse to take the advice of many, who have suggested that if you really want answers the place to go for them is not on a BROAD based forum about LI but rather one that deals in the type of activity that you are interested in. Believe me, if there is activity on LI it will be covered in the forum. In the mean time, I will put you on ignore so I don't need to see the posts.
It is about long island forms and people are allowed to ask questions about long island and in suffolk county, ny many many things happen and the people know about it and answer my questions because they know and they live there. People like Sheena and Warren know and others do too and send me messages and I am allowed to ask. If you do not know you dont have to read or answer it. Maybe you are so angry that you are involved? You said you would shoot my familys porch in another thread to keep me from visiting! Why would you say this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island