Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:24 PM

157 posts, read 166,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackRyder View Post
If the manager would've just given the kid the mac and cheese this could've all been avoided. I know the kid was drunk but the manager escalated the situation by refusing to serve him. Give the kid the mac and cheese and let him go on his way. Probably would've been arrested for something else anyway, but the manager needed to be a "tough guy" too. Fault goes to both.

No. Absolutely not. This is the exact type of thing that reinforces that little ****s behavior. The manager did the right thing. He Did his job the one he is payed by the establishment to do. Simple policy to not allow drinks or intoxicated people in is for everyone's protection. What if the manager let him in then this twit ended up starting a fight with someone. The manager would lose his job for not following the rules. The college would be sued. The manager absolutely did the right thing in enforcing the policies that are in place to PROTECT EVERYONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:29 PM

217 posts, read 246,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittodon View Post
No. Absolutely not. This is the exact type of thing that reinforces that little ****s behavior. The manager did the right thing. He Did his job the one he is payed by the establishment to do. Simple policy to not allow drinks or intoxicated people in is for everyone's protection. What if the manager let him in then this twit ended up starting a fight with someone. The manager would lose his job for not following the rules. The college would be sued. The manager absolutely did the right thing in enforcing the policies that are in place to PROTECT EVERYONE.
He was already in. He just wanted mac and cheese. You don't see in the video how it all started. If the kid was drunk but asked for mac and cheese and was denied that could've set him off. What if the kid was calm until he was told no because the manager needed to "make a point". Again, you don't see how the kid was acting before being told no, just after he was refused service. It could've been the refusal that caused all this and if he was just served his meal no one would ever have heard about this kid. Both sides are at fault.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:31 PM

414 posts, read 300,262 times
Quote:
He was already in. He just wanted mac and cheese. You don't see in the video how it all started. If the kid was drunk but asked for mac and cheese and was denied that could've set him off. What if the kid was calm until he was told no because the manager needed to "make a point". Again, you don't see how the kid was acting before being told no, just after he was refused service. It could've been the refusal that caused all this and if he was just served his meal no one would ever have heard about this kid. Both sides are at fault.

Are you crazy? You don't serve a drunk kid in the campus center.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:

It was already stated he walked in with an open beverage. That is when he was denied service and refused to leave. He never got served. Was sitting quietly. Read the background.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS4Life View Post
Are you crazy? You don't serve a drunk kid in the campus center.
No, I am not crazy. AGAIN, you don't see what happens until AFTER he was denied service. I haven't read one thing that says this kid was acting up UNTIL he was refused service. And yes, he was drunk, but that was an assumption on the manager's behalf because he had an open can of beer. Despite the fact he was drunk, one open can of beer does not mean he was. THAT'S why he was refused service. How do you know the kid didn't ask nicely for the mac and cheese and DIDN'T act up until he was told no. Again, the situation could've been avoided on the manager's side by just serving the kid and letting him leave.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Why is it so hard to understand that the rules apply to this little ****bag. The manager was not escalating this. Did you watch the video. The kid got physical. The manager was calm the entire time. Tried to reason and explain it to the kid. Underage carrying an open container and visibly intoxicaed in an area that for the safety of all students was deemed drink free. Why is this so hard to understand.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:38 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,994,363 times
Quote:
If the dining halls policy is that they don't serve anyone with an open container of alcohol...you walk outside..guzzle the beer..and then come back in and get your food.

It takes a very large entitlement mentality to think that because someone tells you something you don't want to hear you go to every length possible to prove you've somehow been wronged as opposed to just dealing with it.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittodon View Post
Why is it so hard to understand that the rules apply to this little ****bag. The manager was not escalating this. Did you watch the video. The kid got physical. The manager was calm the entire time. Tried to reason and explain it to the kid. Underage carrying an open container and visibly intoxicaed in an area that for the safety of all students was deemed alchahol free. Why is this so hard to understand.
Do you read what I write or just blindly respond? Jeez. All I am saying is the situation could've been avoided by the manager too. They are BOTH at fault. I did see the video. Did you see how the kid was acting BEFORE being refused service???? No.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
No, I am not crazy. AGAIN, you don't see what happens until AFTER he was denied service. I haven't read one thing that says this kid was acting up UNTIL he was refused service. And yes, he was drunk, but that was an assumption on the manager's behalf because he had an open can of beer. Despite the fact he was drunk, one open can of beer does not mean he was. THAT'S why he was refused service. How do you know the kid didn't ask nicely for the mac and cheese and DIDN'T act up until he was told no. Again, the situation could've been avoided on the manager's side by just serving the kid and letting him leave.
Do you even understand that the manager has no choice in this matter? It's not up to him to decide if this is a good kid that won't start trouble.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Do you read what I write or just blindly respond? Jeez. All I am saying is the situation could've been avoided by the manager too. They are BOTH at fault. I did see the video. Did you see how the kid was acting BEFORE being refused service???? No.
I read exactly what you wrote. The only way this situation could have been avoided is if the kid didn't bring an open beverage into the establishment. End of story. Excuse me sir you can't have that in here I have to ask you to leave.

Obviously he didn't leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island