Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:25 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,295,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowmylawn View Post
Wegmans is the top rated grocery and they're based right here in NYS, in Rochester. Why won't they come to LI? Unions.

Compare the LI grocery prices, whether at Stop & Shop or Fairway or King Kullen, to any other region. LI's prices are way higher. You need to shop the sales much more carefully, making stops at multiple grocery stores. Of course, it's not as bad as in Westchester, but....
It is true because we lack a decent amount of competition. I'd love to see Wegmans take over some of the stores. I didn't know they were Non-Union, but I bet Wegmans would still hire most of the workers from the old stores. Certainly more of a chance than with H-Mart!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 06:52 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,809,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
I have only been to their location in Flushing. They do cater to that area.There were people picketing at that store. After the Waldbaums closed in that area about 3 years ago they would not hire any of those that applied. If you don't speak Korean forget it. That is discrimination. But no matter where you have a business in the entire world you do need to have employees that can actually interact with their customer base. Their hiring practices have been questioned in the past. I just hope the Jericho store has signs in English. Their Flushing store will never see me again. Not 1 person when I was there was able to help me at all. When I checked out they even EXPECTED me to speak their language. They made me feel horrible at that store. Made me really hater the company as w whole.
Go to the Great Neck and Bayside branches. Bayside has a good food court. I never thought Waldbaums was a place where staff interacted with shoppers anyway. It's retail.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:19 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,187,533 times
No need to as I don't live in that area at all. Just visit people that still live there. Last time I was in Queens was to go to Gloria pizza on Queens Blvd..that I will go out of my way for anytime. That & Amore's. where that Pathmark is closing in Whitestone.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 PM

562 posts, read 1,052,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Hopefully the landlord in Jericho will reject H-Mart as well, these places are totally out of character for the community.
But they're full of mystical chix!

Anyhow, the one in Hartsdale hires non-Asians and I've never had an issue with a language divide. The place is swarming with non-Asian shoppers.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,809,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM1982 View Post
But they're full of mystical chix!

Anyhow, the one in Hartsdale hires non-Asians and I've never had an issue with a language divide. The place is swarming with non-Asian shoppers.
And to think the h-mart in Hartsdale is in the same strip mall as trader joes! They sell good groceries hence they are competitive. the item I like the most is the thin sliced Berkshire pork belly.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:34 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,979,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBLMSL View Post
I just googled amazon fresh and they dont' deliver to LI.. I live in deer park.. how do you get delivery from amazon fresh?
I live in Patchogue, they deliver.

https://fresh.amazon.com/welcome;jse...722D7ECEA864B9

Last edited by kayo_michael; 10-10-2015 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-10-2015, 11:33 AM

5,266 posts, read 4,708,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
They deliver to my area as well.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:32 PM

61 posts, read 126,883 times
Thanks.. I just checked the link you posted and they do ship to my area .. I will try to shop and explore it later..

Thanks so much to you both.
helene

Old 10-10-2015, 02:30 PM

732 posts, read 1,729,371 times
I've noticed some interesting locations that haven't been bought yet. Shirley, Holbrook, PJS, Patchogue and North Babylon Pathmarks; and Selden, Stony Brook, Lindenhurst for Waldbaums.

I'm surprised Walmart hasn't bought any to try their Neighborhood Market concept. Not that it would be much better than what was there, I'm just surprised at the lack of interest.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:44 PM

258 posts, read 454,357 times
Patchogue Waldbaums will become King Kullen. There will literally be no difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island