Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 05:36 PM

163 posts, read 204,853 times

Advertisements

can anyone tell me about Seaford what it is like taxes home prices, neighborhood yes I know real esates can but I would love to hear from people thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 01:41 AM

157 posts, read 213,492 times
Seaford is a very nice area. Seaford Manor is my favorite section. I happen to prefer Wantagh over Seaford because of the schools. Seaford has virtually no special education and did major cutbacks in the district. For the nominal difference in taxes, I'd choose Wantagh over Seaford.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:55 AM

156 posts, read 219,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone lady View Post
can anyone tell me about Seaford what it is like taxes home prices, neighborhood yes I know real esates can but I would love to hear from people thanks
All fairly middle class white towns. Seaford is probably a little lower than the surrounding towns in income and wealth, but not by much.

It's a pretty quick commute to the city. The train ride to Penn is maybe 50 minutes.

Schools are above LI average, but not excellent.

I don't know much about Seaford's amenities, Massapequa has some good dining and Wantagh has some bars.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:27 AM

88 posts, read 150,397 times
I'm in Seaford, live between Merrick & Sunrise, and children attend the Harbor school. The major cuts that were made a few years ago have mostly been restored. Middle school sports, department chairpersons, reading/math academies, and teacher positions have been restored this current school year after last year's passed budget. It is a great small town that is safe and family oriented. It is smaller than Wantagh, and much smaller than Massapequa. Depending on whether you prefer "small towns" or "big" towns, this may affect your decision. Seaford only has two elementary schools and usually graduates ~180 each year from SHS (compared to over 600 a year in Massapequa and mid 200s in Wantagh). IMO, Seaford's academics have been trending up (look at the data from both elementary and secondary and Seaford has been exceeding Wantagh in areas such as AP participation, AP passing rates, etc.). Any questions, feel free to send over a DM.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:27 AM

thank you love your answers and so kind!! any other ideas welcome we are retired but originally from Long Island and miss it so much!!!!!

Old 10-20-2015, 11:45 AM

If you are retired, then go for Seaford. A lot of the homes hit from Sandy have, sadly, not been repaired. But other than that, the entire town has maintained it's community integrity and good shopping. I don't like the abandoned school between Merrick and Sunrise (a lot of kids loiter there), but I hear it's going to be a senior community soon? If so, that would be great. Seniors need more housing.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMcFamily View Post
If you are retired, then go for Seaford. A lot of the homes hit from Sandy have, sadly, not been repaired. But other than that, the entire town has maintained it's community integrity and good shopping. I don't like the abandoned school between Merrick and Sunrise (a lot of kids loiter there), but I hear it's going to be a senior community soon? If so, that would be great. Seniors need more housing.
I am actually right down the block from that school. The sale has been completed and construction has begun. The Seasons at Seaford: The Seasons at Seaford

Seasons construction to begin soon - Seaford - LIHerald.com - Nassau County's source for local news, breaking news, sports, entertainment & shopping

Old 10-20-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkind77 View Post
I am actually right down the block from that school. The sale has been completed and construction has begun. The Seasons at Seaford: The Seasons at Seaford

Seasons construction to begin soon - Seaford - LIHerald.com - Nassau County's source for local news, breaking news, sports, entertainment & shopping
That's fantastic. My best friend is on Bit Path, and I love those winding streets filled with children.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMcFamily View Post
That's fantastic. My best friend is on Bit Path, and I love those winding streets filled with children.
I know Bit Path very well! And yes, it is a great area.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:08 PM

I love Seaford yes we are going to retire we tried PA and its not at all for us spread out , serious lack of medical , would you know in general what the taxes are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: