Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 11:35 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpwest View Post
Just want to give my positive view of Westbury! I've been a Westbury resident for over 40 years. My children, grandchildren and dozens of relatives make Westbury/Carle Place their home. All have done well and almost all stay here. The crime here is no worse than other parts of Nassau County. The community closeness and unity is unmistakable. You do have to be educated in which parts of the area to purchase a home, since the area is covered by at least five districts. Westbury, Carle Place, Jericho, Hicksville and East Meadow. Unfortunately the Westbury District is rated the lowest. Post Ave is so much better now than it has been in 20 years and just keeps moving forward. The Village is being truly revived with Condos that I find hard to afford. New Cassel is the only sore point in the area that needs some major uplifting. The Westbury is a truly great place and location to live! So glad we came here in 1973!!! In the right areas homes sell in a few weeks for close to asking prices also.
Crimes Prompt Call For More Police
Well people are concerned about crime. This area is not getting the police resources it needs.
As far as the Condos go, yes they are quite expensive, when you consider they are in an area served by Westbury schools. But they seem to gear to mostly single people, with no kids, so I guess the school is a non-issue for them.
Certainly since you have been living here since 1973 you should be noticing the increasing problem with illegal houses, often full of illegal aliens. Yes mostly in New Cassel but also in areas of the Village that border it.
As far as Post goes, its better in time ways but worse in others. I'm glad to see some new places coming, Nana's now doing well under new ownership, and new condos attracting young professionals.
I would like to see more events @ The Space, many nights there is nothing going on there & that needs to change. The loitering is a problem (mainly in summer) which needs NCPD attention.
The streetlights also need to be replaced, many streets are too dark, and need to replaced with the newer, brighter LED streetlights that TOH is installing. You'll notice the difference is night & day once you go north of Old Country (where TOH ends).
OK I understand my thread title may have been harsh. But I see an area with otherwise great potential being neglected at some levels. I'm glad you at least see the problems with New Cassel, it is a dumping ground for North Hempstead town, alot of the new bldgs along Prospect just sit empty. Too many illegal flophouses which bring the bad elements in. Politicians get paid to look the other way. It has to end.
Yes Westbury has some nice areas, west of Ellison, north of the pkwy, and the Salisbury sections. ALOT of $$ in the Village section that goes to Carle Place schools, nothing but Mercedes in their driveways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 07:01 AM

730 posts, read 1,656,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpwest View Post
Just want to give my positive view of Westbury! I've been a Westbury resident for over 40 years. My children, grandchildren and dozens of relatives make Westbury/Carle Place their home. All have done well and almost all stay here. The crime here is no worse than other parts of Nassau County. The community closeness and unity is unmistakable. You do have to be educated in which parts of the area to purchase a home, since the area is covered by at least five districts. Westbury, Carle Place, Jericho, Hicksville and East Meadow. Unfortunately the Westbury District is rated the lowest. Post Ave is so much better now than it has been in 20 years and just keeps moving forward. The Village is being truly revived with Condos that I find hard to afford. New Cassel is the only sore point in the area that needs some major uplifting. The Westbury is a truly great place and location to live! So glad we came here in 1973!!! In the right areas homes sell in a few weeks for close to asking prices also.

How nice to see a positive post on this topic!

It's refreshing to say the least.

Thank you

Old 12-22-2015, 03:50 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Crimes Prompt Call For More Police
Well people are concerned about crime. This area is not getting the police resources it needs.
As far as the Condos go, yes they are quite expensive, when you consider they are in an area served by Westbury schools. But they seem to gear to mostly single people, with no kids, so I guess the school is a non-issue for them.
Certainly since you have been living here since 1973 you should be noticing the increasing problem with illegal houses, often full of illegal aliens. Yes mostly in New Cassel but also in areas of the Village that border it.
As far as Post goes, its better in time ways but worse in others. I'm glad to see some new places coming, Nana's now doing well under new ownership, and new condos attracting young professionals.
I would like to see more events @ The Space, many nights there is nothing going on there & that needs to change. The loitering is a problem (mainly in summer) which needs NCPD attention.
The streetlights also need to be replaced, many streets are too dark, and need to replaced with the newer, brighter LED streetlights that TOH is installing. You'll notice the difference is night & day once you go north of Old Country (where TOH ends).
OK I understand my thread title may have been harsh. But I see an area with otherwise great potential being neglected at some levels. I'm glad you at least see the problems with New Cassel, it is a dumping ground for North Hempstead town, alot of the new bldgs along Prospect just sit empty. Too many illegal flophouses which bring the bad elements in. Politicians get paid to look the other way. It has to end.
Yes Westbury has some nice areas, west of Ellison, north of the pkwy, and the Salisbury sections. ALOT of $$ in the Village section that goes to Carle Place schools, nothing but Mercedes in their driveways!
get out of long island you are annoying.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:26 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
get out of long island you are annoying.
Between all the obnoxious snobs, crime, and corruption you may get your wish because I am reaching my limit with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island