Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:09 PM

115 posts, read 134,125 times

Advertisements

Ok - Tony Santino for TOH Supervisor -there's a no brainer, no loser campaign

BUT Kate Murray for DA? Aren't you supposed to be a practicing criminal lawyer to be DA?

:t ape::tap e:

So what happens when she loses? Are they going to tell Mangano to step off and give her a run at the County Executive spot next year ???? :rolleyes :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 08:05 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,798,224 times
I doubt Kate and Tony will lose, Sweaty. They've got the power of the GOP machine behind them. When the machine tells their cronies "jump," they wonder "how high?" The public doesn't vote, that's why.

LI believes in recycling. The same hacks are swapped in and out of different jobs regardless of qualifications. It's a very efficient system that reuses low grade materials over and over when they should be put out to the curb.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:15 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times
Sad and pathetic as it is, I bet Murray wins handily.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
I doubt Kate and Tony will lose, Sweaty. They've got the power of the GOP machine behind them. When the machine tells their cronies "jump," they wonder "how high?" The public doesn't vote, that's why.

LI believes in recycling. The same hacks are swapped in and out of different jobs regardless of qualifications. It's a very efficient system that reuses low grade materials over and over when they should be put out to the curb.
Kathleen Rice defeated the log-term Republican DA, who had the GOP machine.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:02 PM

201 posts, read 333,321 times
Quote:

Don't read the papers much do you? The Gop is going to jail.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:20 PM

115 posts, read 134,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Malakalot View Post
Don't read the papers much do you? The Gop is going to jail.
Nope I think Mangano threw Skelos under a bus to save his beloved Rob Walker and although Walker was in charge of hiring and firing at the County Attorney's office and pretty much everything else - they will then blame everything on Ciampoli - they fired him already so its easy to scapegoat him and with Cuomo in his pocket - Mangano & Walker will skate and the GOP arrests will be limited to the Albany bunch. They will delay Singas until Murray wins - why do you think they threw Murray in the DA race? - and Murray will focus on animal welfare and arrest the lugs at the TOH animal shelter - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 05-09-2015, 10:04 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,798,224 times
Is there any way to get off Murray's mailing list? Today I got another full page glossy mailing with her picture on it about unimportant nonsense. This time passport day or whatever. I have a passport, and this info could easily be added to a website for FREE.

These constant mailings are an obvious effort to keep her name in the public eye, and we pay for it. Can I make her go away?

Old 05-09-2015, 10:42 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,317,329 times
Here's what she says about her qualifications to be DA:

From Newsday:

Her platform:
Quote:
Hempstead Town Supervisor Kate Murray confirmed her long-anticipated campaign for Nassau district attorney Monday, saying she is running to combat cybercrime and the local spike in heroin abuse, and that she'd be unafraid to investigate fellow Republicans who control town and county offices.
Her qualifications:

Quote:
In an interview in an Italian restaurant in her hometown of Levittown, Murray, 52, called her campaign a "logical step" in a 20-year career that began as a lawyer in the state attorney general's office and continued with elected posts as an assemblywoman, Hempstead Town clerk and, for the past 12 years, Hempstead Town supervisor.
So 20 years ago she was a lawyer in the state attorney general's office. So THAT old experience qualifies her to be top dog at Nassau County's DA office?

Biggest lie in interview:

Quote:
But she said she wouldn't let her party affiliation dictate her decisions as district attorney.

Republicans now control the county executive's office, the county legislature and two of Nassau's three towns. "There can be absolutely no politics, no bias, no political friendships -- nothing," Murray said. "That has to be left at the door, and that is exactly the way I will be as DA."
Yeah right! From the woman who NEVER let the Town advertise a job once and gave them out like candy to her friends/family/political allies and their friends/family. I wonder if any job in the Town of Hempstead will finally open up. Probably not, as the new Supervisor will just fire Kate's crew and put in his/her own friends and family.

This is disgusting. And we're paying for it all.

If she wins I wonder what she will emblazon with her name and picture on it like she did as Town Supervisor (everything had her name and picture)?

Or, better yet, she will erect a life-sized marble statue of herself to stand outside the DA's office.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:44 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,317,329 times
Quote:
Is there any way to get off Murray's mailing list? Today I got another full page glossy mailing with her picture on it about unimportant nonsense. This time passport day or whatever. I have a passport, and this info could easily be added to a website for FREE.

These constant mailings are an obvious effort to keep her name in the public eye, and we pay for it. Can I make her go away?
I love the calendar I get every year from the Town of Hempstead. On EVERY SINGLE PAGE, EVERY SINGLE MONTH, I can see her picture and name.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
I'll never forgive Kate for letting the Islanders leaver the Island for Brooklyn. She had a redevelopment plan that wouldn't cost the people anything and she let it slide. I presume Wang wouldn't cough up enough bags full of cash for the GOP cronies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island