Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,923 times

Advertisements

Looking to get an idea of what it would cost to hire professionals to paint interior of home I am looking to purchase. House is not that big 991 sq ft. Three bedrooms, one bath. House was painted not long ago, but has a lot of scuffs, homeowner used a wheelchair. Ceilings and moldings do not need to be done, they are in good shape. Any ideas? Looking for a professional job, not joe schmo with a van. No offense joe schmo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM

622 posts, read 852,988 times
Why don't you call a few painters to get an actual idea. I had painters in to paint several large rooms and ceilings, but what I paid has nothing to do with your costs, since your rooms may be substantially larger or smaller.

I will tell you, since I've had a couple of different painters in, they were expensive, messy, rushed through the jobs and didn't want to pay any attention to detail. The second guy I hired told me he was old... WTF, ok, so why did you bid and accept the job? And these painters had been recommended by family and neighbors.

I have become my own painter since managing these guys was actually more bother than just doing it.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:45 PM

49 posts, read 44,404 times
Artisan Painting, 631-277-4764. Don't know if I can post an website here but if you put the two words together and stick a dot com after it, you'll get there.

Totally professional and does a pristine job. We've used them for two houses but they were both "total interiors" -- walls, ceilings, all the trim including inside new wood windows, interior and exterior doors, garage the works. It doesn't sound as if your job is nearly that extensive. It cost about $8K for a house about 1400 sf but again that was soup to nuts and there was everything from new drywall to old and damaged drywall depending on the rooms. Using all Benjamin Moore paints and primer, no cheap big box paints.

These guys are absolute perfectionists but if you aren't as fussy as we are, there are painters who will do it for less; I just wouldn't use any of them, LOL

Old 11-11-2015, 05:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,923 times
Thank you.. I will check them out. Sounds just like what we are looking for. My husband is a total perfectionist and when he painted our apartments in the past it took forever, that is how much he is a stickler for detail. Im looking for someone who will take as much pride in doing the job as he would.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:12 PM

300 posts, read 553,296 times
Call Larry Houser

(516) 679-5331

This guy is awesome. Spends a lot of time prepping and takes some serious pride in his work. I've seen many of his jobs. He's not just a painter, he's an artist.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:22 AM

186 posts, read 243,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micniksal View Post
My husband is a total perfectionist.
If that's the case, he's a "perfectionist", he better have a very good conversation with the painter on expectations of wall finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island