Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM

510 posts, read 2,206,055 times

Advertisements

My wife was saying the same thing the other day about the driveway that you have to drive down to get to the other houses in the back. I am assuming the owners of the two back houses would be responsible for shoveling that out. I am sure the town will not plow that. The back yards are like walkways, but there are big side yards. The front house is selling for $499k and that is supposedly a short sale. I looked at the two in the back, the front one wasnt available to see but they are all the exact same layout. The only difference is the granite in the kitchen.

I think they are still going to have a rough time selling them, even at the price they are at. I would say a good price for the homes would be around $450k. The thing that kills the whole deal is the $1000 in taxes you would have to dish out each month.....

What is star in Wantagh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,710,128 times
That long driveway is a ROW and yes, both homeowners would share responsibility for plowing and maintenance.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:07 PM

510 posts, read 2,206,055 times
What do you mean by ROW?

Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvang View Post
Funny you should mention that. Wantagh has one of the very worst libraries on Long Island, and the people who work there are indeed quite nasty.
I haven't had any probs there, though their hours are not great. Smithtown library is much worse, they are now closing at 6pm on some weeknights and are all closed Sundays.
Westbury has a nicer library than Wantagh though. The good thing here in Nassau at least is that with NLS you can take out books from any Nassau library.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:49 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,509,213 times
The people who work at the Wantagh Library are nasty but the library itself is pretty nice. I can usually find anything I'm looking for and sometimes things I didn't know existed. It's a small building, but the layout is nice and open and airy with lots of places to sit. It's a total relic of the "space age", I love the center shelves in the two level circular section. My big gripe with them right now is that they stopped stocking factory service manuals for cars older than 2005.....stupid, who needs a service manual for a car that new anyway???

The Levittown library is a little bigger, with a better selection and they have a huge archives in the basement....but that place is definitely stuck in the 1960s. They even still used the original IBM 5150 PC up until pretty recently there!! Not that there's anything wrong with that, they still logged onto the Nassau Library Directory as good as the new ones do! I like the East Meadow library a lot too, they have a lot of books on Long Island & NYC history.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 AM

406 posts, read 1,450,847 times
It's strange that the folks who work at the Wantagh Library are still nasty, as they were nasty 40 years ago when I first started using it. The building itself does have some appeal, but the overall service, quantity and quality of books and other materials is lacking. I make these observations as a bit of a library buff. While searching for a new community to relocate to, one of the first things we did was check out the library. We use three here regularly, and each one is far superior to Wantagh's. If I still lived there I would be livid at the amount of taxes paid for such substandard service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island