Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:38 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
So OBH do you feel this shows that the home was actually owned by the bank & home was still in foreclosure at time of demolition? The guy from demolition company did tell neighbors that bank owned home & signed off on it. If this is true then honestly lawsuit needs to be thrown out & the media really needs to get the word out fast before they use this hardship story & vet status to scam people into helping him. Hope the people I sent you link to see through this. I know at least one does & they are investigating it so maybe they will uncover & report it. Especially since they are working hard to get this out all over the country. They know the locals here know more than they are saying really. Even a few of my friends that do not live around here have posted it on their FB pages. When I see it I shoot my mouth off with the real story & suspicions. Most see things my way. Your post with link does not lie & says a lot to shut people up & agree that there is far more to the story than is being told. I knew that before seeing what you posted as I saw what was going on firsthand. That home needed to go. Glad they finally took action. I know many other homes on LI & elsewhere need to go as well. But this is just one case where it was bad for a long time. Many people are not seeing that is has been ongoing & saying why did the town wait until he was gone. That is not the case. It was planned and Mr. Williams & his atty. knew that.
I've been trying to dig deeper but bankruptcy records aren't as easily accessed as they were 5-10 years ago. What I do see is that Mr. Williams has established a history of not paying his bills. If he's negligent paying what he owes (to the point the IRS has a lien against him along with his involvement in a bankruptcy protracted foreclosure) I feel safe assuming the man is a deadbeat.

Whether he owned the house or not I can not determine until I can crack open some more records. From my own experience with a huge deadbeat, they person took all the equity he could out of the house he owned, bought another house outright with the proceeds, and then defaulted on the mortgage. This was the guy who filed bankruptcy 3 times to slow the foreclosure process. We had to get in line behind the bank to get the money he tried to stiff us. I'm sensing a parallel here with Mr. Williams -- perhaps he took all the equity out of the West Hempstead house and purchased the house in FL using it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 03:46 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I've been trying to dig deeper but bankruptcy records aren't as easily accessed as they were 5-10 years ago. What I do see is that Mr. Williams has established a history of not paying his bills. If he's negligent paying what he owes (to the point the IRS has a lien against him along with his involvement in a bankruptcy protracted foreclosure) I feel safe assuming the man is a deadbeat.

Whether he owned the house or not I can not determine until I can crack open some more records. From my own experience with a huge deadbeat, they person took all the equity he could out of the house he owned, bought another house outright with the proceeds, and then defaulted on the mortgage. This was the guy who filed bankruptcy 3 times to slow the foreclosure process. We had to get in line behind the bank to get the money he tried to stiff us. I'm sensing a parallel here with Mr. Williams -- perhaps he took all the equity out of the West Hempstead house and purchased the house in FL using it.
This seems exactly like what I was thinking. As it shows the defendants listed as not only the IRS but a few another bank as well as a credit/collection agency. When researched that agency in the defendant list it all looks like it is coming together as a whole. He had many other loans against the home that he was not paying. He likely used that money to buy the place in Florida. Probably under another name as part of this master plan of his. His FB is there. You would think the lawyer would cover this & make sure client removed it. I Did send my friend a link to that as well. She said with today's sad news it has to wait. But she did say her news manager is intrigued by what I sent her. So we shall see at this point. Really would hate to see that it is bull. I keep losing my trust in mankind everytime I see this crap. But I realize that's life & some people are forced to do the wrong thing. Not everyone is an upstanding citizen. Yes even the elderly,disabled & Veterans can lie. They are human after all. Funny you mention bankruptcy. Look up the North Star Acquisition company listed as a defendant. It all looks like it is come together exactly as we both suspect. The defendants are listed as him & wife. IRS,North Star,Chase. Even the People of the State of NY. That is saying there are many people that own the home & claim a stake in it. Correct me if I am wrong here. Also lists a Sarah Williams. Which could be one of his many kids.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:50 AM

402 posts, read 518,908 times
For the record, i pass by this house virtually every day. The condition of it wasnt THAT BAD... Sure, it could have used a fresh coat of stucco (as thats what was there prior) but it did not stick out as a sore thumb. Also, i know another post mentioned that the neighbor next door was most likely having issues selling their home, due to this home making the area seem unattractive. Well, i beg to differ. The location of this home is terrible. Four homes up, you have Hempstead Turnpike, with a 711 at the corner. Im sure that has more to do with someone not being able to sell their home. Im not making excuses for this guy but i wanted to clarify what i previously read from another poster.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
For the record, i pass by this house virtually every day. The condition of it wasnt THAT BAD... Sure, it could have used a fresh coat of stucco (as thats what was there prior) but it did not stick out as a sore thumb. Also, i know another post mentioned that the neighbor next door was most likely having issues selling their home, due to this home making the area seem unattractive. Well, i beg to differ. The location of this home is terrible. Four homes up, you have Hempstead Turnpike, with a 711 at the corner. Im sure that has more to do with someone not being able to sell their home. Im not making excuses for this guy but i wanted to clarify what i previously read from another poster.
It was far worse than you think. Just ask the neighbors what they had to deal with in their day to day living. No one would want this home next to him. Or this neighbor. On another side note here. Since people are asking where his family was in all of this his niece just admitted that she did not even know that that Uncle was still alive & living. So that says something about that. But she did not mention about all his kids. I agree with what OBH says above. This guy is a deadbeat & not paying his bills for a long time. just one look at link to the NY court records shows many more defendants were listed as owners that had vested interest in his property. The IRS was listed probably because they had a lien due to unpaid tax bills. If he ignored & did not pay tax bills he probably was not paying others. IRS & tax bills are the last thing you avoid paying. We all know that. As for the other banks listed as defendants & what appears to be a credit collector...he probably took loans against the home & was not making payments on any of the others either. These things alone says far more than he & his lawyer are telling the media & the public.

Looks like fraud in every sense of the word to me. Everyone looks at things differently. But it might be likely that the money he took out of the home with these loans just might be the money that was used to buy the place in Florida. So much so that that home is probably in someone else's name. No one was interviewed along with him so my guess is his wife died. Maybe he has a girlfriend or got remarrried. Those are lots of assumptions but it is looking like that. No one he knows is saying anything to back him up here at all. Like any friend or relative. He is hiding something otherwise more would be said. Like where he was really living when he was not in this home. As neighbors say he was not even really living in home & was never there. Probably because he knew he did not any longer own home. As for his possessions. He likely took anything of value that he wanted out already. There so much not being said that hopefully it will all come out. Probably too late as I am sure by now he has gotten enough sympathy from enough people that they gave him money already.

This is sad because there are so many more deserving people especially our Veterans out there that need & deserve help & are actually honest about their circumstances.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:36 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
It was far worse than you think. Just ask the neighbors what they had to deal with in their day to day living. No one would want this home next to him. Or this neighbor. On another side note here. Since people are asking where his family was in all of this his niece just admitted that she did not even know that that Uncle was still alive & living. So that says something about that. But she did not mention about all his kids. I agree with what OBH says above. This guy is a deadbeat & not paying his bills for a long time. just one look at link to the NY court records shows many more defendants were listed as owners that had vested interest in his property. The IRS was listed probably because they had a lien due to unpaid tax bills. If he ignored & did not pay tax bills he probably was not paying others. IRS & tax bills are the last thing you avoid paying. We all know that. As for the other banks listed as defendants & what appears to be a credit collector...he probably took loans against the home & was not making payments on any of the others either. These things alone says far more than he & his lawyer are telling the media & the public.

Looks like fraud in every sense of the word to me. Everyone looks at things differently. But it might be likely that the money he took out of the home with these loans just might be the money that was used to buy the place in Florida. So much so that that home is probably in someone else's name. No one was interviewed along with him so my guess is his wife died. Maybe he has a girlfriend or got remarrried. Those are lots of assumptions but it is looking like that. No one he knows is saying anything to back him up here at all. Like any friend or relative. He is hiding something otherwise more would be said. Like where he was really living when he was not in this home. As neighbors say he was not even really living in home & was never there. Probably because he knew he did not any longer own home. As for his possessions. He likely took anything of value that he wanted out already. There so much not being said that hopefully it will all come out. Probably too late as I am sure by now he has gotten enough sympathy from enough people that they gave him money already.

This is sad because there are so many more deserving people especially our Veterans out there that need & deserve help & are actually honest about their circumstances.
I agree with a lot of what you said. What upsets me most is how the media is portraying him as a "Veteran" who was wronged by the town. I hope this man gets exposed.

I personally do not believe that you are entitled to live in your house if you cannot take care of the upkeep. For instance when my parents bought their house many years ago an old lady owned the house across the street. The house was decrepit and falling apart. The old woman lived in Florida and was never home. The grass and shrubs were overrunning the property. Finally after many years the town forced the old woman to sell her house and now it is restored and a respectful family lives there. The house looks great, it is professionally landscaped and it is no longer an eye sore.

If there ever was an instance where my parents decided to let their house go and couldn't maintain it (If I or a sibling couldn't help them maintain the house) I'd be the first to demand that they sell and go to a retirement home. They do not have the right to let their house go and cause it be an eyesore to the neighborhood along with bringing down other people's homes property value.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:07 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,159,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I agree with a lot of what you said. What upsets me most is how the media is portraying him as a "Veteran" who was wronged by the town. I hope this man gets exposed.

I personally do not believe that you are entitled to live in your house if you cannot take care of the upkeep. For instance when my parents bought their house many years ago an old lady owned the house across the street. The house was decrepit and falling apart. The old woman lived in Florida and was never home. The grass and shrubs were overrunning the property. Finally after many years the town forced the old woman to sell her house and now it is restored and a respectful family lives there. The house looks great, it is professionally landscaped and it is no longer an eye sore.

If there ever was an instance where my parents decided to let their house go and couldn't maintain it (If I or a sibling couldn't help them maintain the house) I'd be the first to demand that they sell and go to a retirement home. They do not have the right to let their house go and cause it be an eyesore to the neighborhood along with bringing down other people's homes property value.
judging how folks should maintain their home is a sliperly slope

Old 12-04-2015, 10:30 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
Don't see any mention of neighbors offering to help him.

I had to talk down one of my neighbors who elderly neighbor's house was run down and he felt it could be mold or something so he was going to report her. I said first of all she is old, had no money, cant afford to fix house. Why don't you and your neighbors knock on door and offer to help her clean up and fix things. At that point he just said forget about it. Reporting folks does no solve problems.

At very least call Catholic Charities, FEGS, Samaritans Purse or Vets organizations to help guy out, not just rat him out.
What?? That's ridiculous. It's no one else's responsibility to help him. It's part of being an adult and a homeowner. HE is responsible for the upkeep of his home and for making sure that everything is to code and in compliance with the Town. By all accounts, this guy was an irresponsible idiot who simply did not care. He ignored the Towns warnings and notices and went to Florida assuming the Town wouldn't follow through. They did, and now he's playing the victim and throwing out the "veteran" card like it matters. Serving in the military doesn't automatically get someone respect. Respect is earned, and as a police officer, I can tell you that some of the biggest s---bags I've ever dealt with were veterans and members of the military.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:59 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
judging how folks should maintain their home is a sliperly slope
I agree but when the house is in disarray and falling apart then the town must intervene and do something about it. I'm not saying throw people out of their homes but let them know that their property is unkempt and they need to address it. Give them several warnings and give them a chance to do something about it. If the requests go unanswered then you need to do something about it. All it takes is one slob or incapable elderly to ruin a block and be a burden to people that want to sell their house. It puts people in a very difficult situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
What?? That's ridiculous. It's no one else's responsibility to help him. It's part of being an adult and a homeowner. HE is responsible for the upkeep of his home and for making sure that everything is to code and in compliance with the Town. By all accounts, this guy was an irresponsible idiot who simply did not care. He ignored the Towns warnings and notices and went to Florida assuming the Town wouldn't follow through. They did, and now he's playing the victim and throwing out the "veteran" card like it matters. Serving in the military doesn't automatically get someone respect. Respect is earned, and as a police officer, I can tell you that some of the biggest s---bags I've ever dealt with were veterans and members of the military.

Bravo!! Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island