Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 04:50 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times

Advertisements

You can call me what ever makes you feel good, but I am a subscriber to the love it or leave it school of thought. Are there problems within our government and system? You bet there are. That said, there is no place I would rather have been raised and remain than in the wonderful USA.

If this thread makes even one person call and request a new flag when they see a tattered one, then instead of ridicule John deserves our thanks, and he has mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 11:42 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
That's like saying someone shouldn't be held accountable for petit larceny because the government/politicians and big businesses steal more of our money and commit more egregious crimes.

Apples/oranges.

With your attitude, we are looking at a less civilized society. Unfortunately, your mindset seems to be the majority now in this country: complacency, laziness, lack of respect, rationalization.
A flag is a piece of cloth, IMO lives are more important than threads woven together. Perhaps if we all took that into account we would live in a better world. Have a happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You can call me what ever makes you feel good, but I am a subscriber to the love it or leave it school of thought. Are there problems within our government and system? You bet there are. That said, there is no place I would rather have been raised and remain than in the wonderful USA.

If this thread makes even one person call and request a new flag when they see a tattered one, then instead of ridicule John deserves our thanks, and he has mine.
Love it or leave LOL, instead of correcting and improving, good for you

Old 01-01-2016, 11:45 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Seriously? It's Westbury! Shouldn't there be a Mexican flag flying?? Yup, I said it.
Actually much more likely an El Sal or Hondouran flag.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:34 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
A flag is a piece of cloth, IMO lives are more important than threads woven together. Perhaps if we all took that into account we would live in a better world. Have a happy New Year.
The flag is indeed piece of cloth that REPRESENTS the freedom, and liberty that we all enjoy here in the USA. The lives of men and women were sacrificed and families sacrificed their loved ones for the red, white and blue flag. It is a symbol to all. But by all means you have the right to feel and express yourself the way you have, that too is part of what the USA so great, so thanks for making my point.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:35 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Actually much more likely an El Sal or Hondouran flag.
All the same...NO?

Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The flag is indeed piece of cloth that REPRESENTS the freedom, and liberty that we all enjoy here in the USA. The lives of men and women were sacrificed and families sacrificed their loved ones for the red, white and blue flag. It is a symbol to all. But by all means you have the right to feel and express yourself the way you have, that too is part of what the USA so great, so thanks for making my point.
You are the one who wrote love it or leave so it seemed to me you do not want people to express their feelings. Perhaps I misunderstood......

Old 01-01-2016, 03:52 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
When you mention "symbol" you are most correct. No sane person would give his life for a strip of cloth. No decent family would send its members to die for a scrap of fabric.

Sometimes people just get lost in their metaphors.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
When you mention "symbol" you are most correct. No sane person would give his life for a strip of cloth. No decent family would send its members to die for a scrap of fabric.

Sometimes people just get lost in their metaphors.
Sometimes families are lied to.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island