Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 929 times

Advertisements

Hi I am new to Levittown and trying to go to downtown NY using the NICE bus number N24. I want to drive from Levittown to N24 G stop at Garden City Park on Jericho Tpke. and park the car somewhere.
Is that ok If I park my car on some side streets? Any parking violations?
Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 10:42 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG123 View Post
Hi I am new to Levittown and trying to go to downtown NY using the NICE bus number N24. I want to drive from Levittown to N24 G stop at Garden City Park on Jericho Tpke. and park the car somewhere.
Is that ok If I park my car on some side streets? Any parking violations?
Please help
LOL NOPE not practical the drive isn't even needed so Use N70/72 bus to farmingdale for LIRR express trains Or Leave the car in levittown and use N70/71/72 what shows up first to Hempstead then use LIRR direct to downtown brooklyn atlantic terminal where the subway leads you to downtown.

N24 takes way too long to reach Jamaica not worth it it is better to take a short NICE bus ride to the nearest LIRR station for the LIRR. I have used the N24 to do that and use the subway is too long for any sane person.

N70/71/72 pickup on hempstead turnpike in levittown and are frequent. At rush hour the best way from levittown to lower manhattan is to use babylon or melville bound N70/72 buses to farmingdale where the walk to the train is 4 minutes tops. But If you want to keep the transfers to a minimum Then N70/71/72 to hempstead where most almost all trains go direct to atlantic terminal.

The N24 is basically a last resort since LiRR service at new hyde park and merillon ave stations is awful and taking the more frequent N24 bus is at many times the only option.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:22 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
Just take the Babylon Branch, Wantagh, Bellmore, and Seaford are all pretty close to Levittown, plenty of trains to Atlantic Terminal.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:40 AM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Just take the Babylon Branch, Wantagh, Bellmore, and Seaford are all pretty close to Levittown, plenty of trains to Atlantic Terminal.
already said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island