Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I'll confront you anytime tough guy!

And you don't own anything, you don't even have a job! Just another cop wanna be
and you would think this why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 11:46 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,643,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
I own 2 homes and a condo. But thank you.

It is absolutely about being a wuss. You're afraid of even the slightest bit of confrontation. Do you not know how to politely ask your neighbor to keep a lid on his garbage pail? Don't tell me you're not a wuss and in the same breath tell me you're concerned with "keeping the peace" over something as trivial as speaking with a neighbor.
You're assuming that all neighbors are reasonable people. Unfortunately this isn't always the case.

Our neighbors across the street from us continually let garbage blow over to us and other neighbors a few times/week. Unfortunately they're not renters, they own their own home, and all of them are drug addicts high out of their minds most of the time. Dealing with them is not an option - we've tried once or twice to ask them to contain their garbage better which resulted in them getting very bent out of shape. Deciding not to tangle again with the addicts seems like the prudent thing to do.

In our situation it's not about being a wuss, but trying to keep the peace with the drug addicts across the street while not having to be the local street and yard cleaners ourselves. And I do throw their garbage back to them. Let them deal with it.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:19 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
You're assuming that all neighbors are reasonable people. Unfortunately this isn't always the case.

Our neighbors across the street from us continually let garbage blow over to us and other neighbors a few times/week. Unfortunately they're not renters, they own their own home, and all of them are drug addicts high out of their minds most of the time. Dealing with them is not an option - we've tried once or twice to ask them to contain their garbage better which resulted in them getting very bent out of shape. Deciding not to tangle again with the addicts seems like the prudent thing to do.

In our situation it's not about being a wuss, but trying to keep the peace with the drug addicts across the street while not having to be the local street and yard cleaners ourselves. And I do throw their garbage back to them. Let them deal with it.
Obviously if you already know your neighbors are trash, then you shouldn't bother confronting them. And I'm not assuming all people are reasonable...I even said in one of my previous posts that most people are quite understanding (reasonable), which is true.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:43 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
Unfortunately they're not renters, they own their own home, and all of them are drug addicts high out of their minds most of the time. Dealing with them is not an option - we've tried once or twice to ask them to contain their garbage better which resulted in them getting very bent out of shape. Deciding not to tangle again with the addicts seems like the prudent thing to do.

You mean there are drug addicts living as suburban families in the huntington-Greenlawn area?

Old 01-16-2016, 06:21 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,633 times
Quote:
1. Actually, being afraid of the things you mentioned is the exact definition of a wuss. I'd normally use another, similar sounding word, but I'm afraid Nancy would have a coronary.

2. Actually, most people are quite understanding. In fact, this neighbor likely has no idea that they're garbage is blowing into the yard.

Using your logic, it's not a good idea to talk to anybody, ever. Solid life you've got ahead of you.
This!

Old 01-18-2016, 03:41 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Quote:
I swear to Christ, I don't know how some of you people manage to get through a single day without consulting the internet. If it bothers you, talk to them. Problem solved.
Thank God we have people available 24/7 to scold others on the internet.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:22 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
This is getting good.

*popcorn*

Old 03-25-2018, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 675 times
Well, I addressed my neighbors yesterday on there trash blow in my yard (bills with there name on it) and other items and I texted her and told her about it and she said " If you have $80 for a new can" apparently there lid is half gone and they over fill and blows every where!!! She also said "let me know and I'll come and pick it up" Today I found a large DQ milkshake cup!! I went out and picked it up.
Did I mention they are horders and live in unplorable conditions!!
I don't think they have enough common sense to bag all of it so it doesn't blow everywhere!!
What would you do?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:49 PM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calieco View Post
Well, I addressed my neighbors yesterday on there trash blow in my yard (bills with there name on it) and other items and I texted her and told her about it and she said " If you have $80 for a new can" apparently there lid is half gone and they over fill and blows every where!!! She also said "let me know and I'll come and pick it up" Today I found a large DQ milkshake cup!! I went out and picked it up.
Did I mention they are horders and live in unplorable conditions!!
I don't think they have enough common sense to bag all of it so it doesn't blow everywhere!!
What would you do?
I would have asked her what's going on in her life that she can't afford $80 for a new can.

What other bills can't she pay?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-25-2018, 07:38 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Unplorable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: