Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 10:49 AM

401 posts, read 551,652 times

Advertisements

I've heard the ultimate membership is quite expensive and even more than the local LA Fitness gyms.

I would like some input from those who have used this gym. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 06:06 PM

40 posts, read 50,553 times
I'd say no. I have friends that use the gym. It's near impossible to find a spot after 5 pm. I've heard the clientele is mostly juice heads also. I go to the new LA Fitness on Jericho Tpk in Garden City Park. Good mix of people, definitely more judgement free- the pool for me is a plus. And it's cheaper with ample parking. This is a much better bet, but then again, I'm biased, haha.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:18 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,015 times
I would imagine any type of gimmick gym is BS. Crossfit, UFC, etc included. I have a suggestion on how to drop a few lbs...throw out those terrible Affliction and Tap Out shirts.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island_boy View Post
I'd say no. I have friends that use the gym. It's near impossible to find a spot after 5 pm. I've heard the clientele is mostly juice heads also. I go to the new LA Fitness on Jericho Tpk in Garden City Park. Good mix of people, definitely more judgement free- the pool for me is a plus. And it's cheaper with ample parking. This is a much better bet, but then again, I'm biased, haha.
Hey thanks, I was thinking of relocating to that location from LA Fitness- Lake Success which is also very crowded after 6PM or so. Do they have basketball courts?

Old 01-31-2016, 12:14 AM

40 posts, read 50,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdefinitely View Post
Hey thanks, I was thinking of relocating to that location from LA Fitness- Lake Success which is also very crowded after 6PM or so. Do they have basketball courts?
No basketball courts. I thought not having courts would be a drawback because I used to play, but I'd probably be no match for the guys on the court anyway, lol. It's definitely one of the smaller LA Fitness's around but I have no complaints thus far.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:27 PM

372 posts, read 740,381 times
I just joined back in December. The people are cool. I don't see any "juice heads". Lots of cute girls though. I've never been in the Evening, but in the late morning, and late night, it's not too crowded. I'm not interested in the MMA classes, so I have the regular membership, and it's not that expensive.

I checked out LA Fitness, but they weren't open 24 hours. There's also Xsport, but i just left there as it wasnt kept very clean and the weight room was always a mess.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnalsI gnoL View Post
I just joined back in December. The people are cool. I don't see any "juice heads". Lots of cute girls though. I've never been in the Evening, but in the late morning, and late night, it's not too crowded. I'm not interested in the MMA classes, so I have the regular membership, and it's not that expensive.

I checked out LA Fitness, but they weren't open 24 hours. There's also Xsport, but i just left there as it wasnt kept very clean and the weight room was always a mess.
The LA Fitness in Lake Success I think is open 24/7 from Monday thru Thursday. The weekend hours aren't that great and it often gets really packed from like 5 to 7pm on Fridays.

I might give the UFC gym a free trial.

Also the LA Fitness at Lake Success on some given nights have a lot of cute girls (I would say about 70% of the time I'm there, I see a good amount). I don't use the weights here but I've heard people complain about them (too disorganized or certain parts of it are too congested). Quite a few "juice heads" and a few what I like to call "rage monsters."

Also what would you define as late night? 8-9pm?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:58 PM

14 posts, read 22,267 times
Default $5 Dollars for Life Membership

My mother was going to leave the UFC gym and join LA Fitness with me but they gave her an amazing counter offer to urge her to stay. They offered my mother a $5 dollar membership for life. I've tried UFC and I think their facilities are state of the art and their machines are user friendly. UFC has great classes and, for those who want to take their fitness to another level, for an extra cost you could hire a personal trainer for real kickboxing.

It's true that it's very crowed but I'm sure it's because the "new years resolution-ers" are still trying to stick to their goal (which I think is awesome - if you're one of them then HEARTS ON FIRE!!!) but lets be honest, many of them drop off mid-Feb/early-March. Also, it is a gym caters to hardcore sports and therefore you're going to see a lot more muscle men then you'd see at any other gym.

I went with LA Fitness because for an extra $20 (on top of the $40 to use the gym) you could get a guest membership pass where you could bring up to two people with you to the gym everyday. It does't matter how many times they come with you as long as their with you. My husband and I got together every day. So essentially, we have two memberships for $60...which is awesome. I never have to wait for a treadmill and they have plenty of space in their classes. Unfortunately, they have one set of 15lbs free weights for the entire gym...which is super annoying.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:46 AM

4 posts, read 5,746 times
I know a few people that go to that gym. Some love it and some hate it. It really comes down to what you are looking to get out of a gym.

I have always wanted a gym that I can go to, do my work out and leave. Most of the added extra perks that are offered always seemed like a waste to me.

If you think you will make use of ALL that they offer, then go for it.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:59 PM

690 posts, read 584,378 times
I was a member for over a year. Place is ok but I personally couldn't stand it. Absolutely no parking between 4-8, believe me, this is all the time, not be of the new year. Gym is filthy, I never saw someone on the actual gym floor cleaning or wiping down machines, bathroom wasn't bad though. Classes also aren't that great, although I can't speak for the ultimate membership where you get the "good" classes. Gym is also always absurdly steamy and humid, it seems they don't have the proper ventilation or AC for the space they have. I'd steer clear and find another gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island