Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 04:48 AM

22,640 posts, read 36,609,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
That's too funny! I never thought of it that way! At the time, board moderation became completely out of control. Some new mod with an ax to grind was tossing the regulars into time out, giving us infractions, total BS. The banter we currently have/enjoy with ex pats and current LIers, random bizarre posters, etc, we couldn't engage in while the new sheriff was in town.
Ha! I remember that! It's like when you think your teacher is mean and then a sub comes in and shows you how bad it can really be LOL. She was out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
haven't noticed him. He had a VERY unique posting style...so you'd think he'd be easy to spot.
I agree. Pretty sure he's not here. He was a piece of work. Started out here complaining about LI but mentioning how great RP was, as he was trying to sell his house. Then wife gets a teaching job and LI is the greatest place ever...then wife loses job and he gets in a bottle and starts posting all these morose comments about how terrible LI is. Pequaman and I were DMing each other because we were actually worried about him! Then he just kind of wandered away....

Old 02-12-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Pretty sure it was another place but the name escapes me. It sticks out only because another regular poster from back then used to give him a hard time about it.

The pizza place. Colosseo's? Gracies' was the place with the bread pudding if I remember correctly.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:00 AM

19,097 posts, read 16,922,412 times
Quote:
kayfouroh
He moved to Atlanta, every so often I see his name.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:28 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,041,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post

I just have one thing to say: Rocky Point is, always has been and always will be the Eden of Long Island.

I don't visit or post here often, but I do remember this being the main sentiment of certain prolific poster who's username appears to have vanished....

Quote:
That's too funny! I never thought of it that way! At the time, board moderation became completely out of control. Some new mod with an ax to grind was tossing the regulars into time out, giving us infractions, total BS. The banter we currently have/enjoy with ex pats and current LIers, random bizarre posters, etc, we couldn't engage in while the new sheriff was in town.

My internet security is presently showing Urban Dictionary to be "Moderate Risk" but if you have secure firewall search the top definition for City-Data (should be your first return). The passages of a fictitious thread used in the definition are hilarious!

Old 02-12-2016, 06:39 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,821,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I agree. Pretty sure he's not here. He was a piece of work. Started out here complaining about LI but mentioning how great RP was, as he was trying to sell his house. Then wife gets a teaching job and LI is the greatest place ever...then wife loses job and he gets in a bottle and starts posting all these morose comments about how terrible LI is. Pequaman and I were DMing each other because we were actually worried about him! Then he just kind of wandered away....
He's here. He actually always said something about wives who should never work. See if you can spot him in this thread: 65K salary at 28...could I be doing better? And remember when we would scratch our heads at his proposterous numbers?

See, never change your name unless you don't mind us talking about you like you're actually gone.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:16 AM

13,036 posts, read 17,973,019 times
Even I had forgotten how hysterical the Simbamidwood posts were. Remember the guy moving from Kansas that was a fertilizer salesman. It went on for 5 pages and then got shut down. We know it was a poster trolling but good stuff. Do an advanced search and put in user name simbamidwood.

Heres another one. Kayo_michael.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:22 AM

9,138 posts, read 13,160,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Mr Walter Greenspan is now living in a different HAMELT then the rest of us. We will be in that Hamlet too someday
That HAMLET is actually a incorporated VILLAGE with its own Mayor and council!

Old 02-12-2016, 07:31 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,609,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
OMG. You just reminded me of Simbamidwood. HYSTERICAL. We had a lot of fun with that one.

Was it Ask the Fort? I remember the ATF initials.
Simbamidwood -- lmao!
Hmmmm...ATF. Ask the ... it wasn't fort.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:35 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,609,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
At one point he had mentioned CT, but I can't recall if that was before or after his wife's teaching job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island