Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:28 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,539,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
What I want to know is - how will the LIRR be affected?
The voice of reason.

I was afraid that posting the rally info would lead to a political name-calling match. I only wanted to warn others about the inevitable traffic tie up.

No idea how it will affect the LIRR. Not sure of the times, but I am guessing the morning commute might not be too bad.

The rally is at the Grumman facility. Between supporters and protestors, crowds snd security should be high. The LIRR runs through/near Grumman and there are grade crossings over there. If things get crazy, it could spill over to cause LIRR problems.

Smart move is to avoid the area if possible. If I was still taking the LIRR, I would probably ride the Babylon Branch on Wednesday just to be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 06:32 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
The voice of reason.

I was afraid that posting the rally info would lead to a political name-calling match. I only wanted to warn others about the inevitable traffic tie up.

No idea how it will affect the LIRR. Not sure of the times, but I am guessing the morning commute might not be too bad.

The rally is at the Grumman facility. Between supporters and protestors, crowds snd security should be high. The LIRR runs through/near Grumman and there are grade crossings over there. If things get crazy, it could spill over to cause LIRR problems.

Smart move is to avoid the area if possible. If I was still taking the LIRR, I would probably ride the Babylon Branch on Wednesday just to be sure.
PJ branch should be ok, too. If I didn't have to work I would be tempted to check out the craziness on both sides. Outspoken, opinionated LIers and NYers -- what could possibly go wrong?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:55 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,905,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post

What I want to know is - how will the LIRR be affected?
The trains on the Ronk branch will be filled with skinheads and blacklivesmatter activists fighting each other therefore resulting in delays that are worse than even usual (if that's even possible). Then of course you will have the one idiot who will get their car totaled by a train on the tracks and who knows; probably even another small plane making the decision to land on the tracks again. Predicting the Ronkonkoma branch is a crapshoot even when there isn't an event; glad I live closer to the Babylon line these days.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:42 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
I'm from Northport. Everyone I know is voting for Trump.

He is the only one with any common sense. He puts Americans first.

Hillary is a lying criminal who hates men. Hillary has been in Washington for years, never accomplished anything. Ted Cruz flip-flops on every issue as a senator.

That Kasich guy is a more effeminate version of Hillary.

Trump is the perfect president for Long Island. A true New Yorker and patriot.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:30 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Too bad he didn't have his rally in Mott Haven instead

Old 04-06-2016, 04:03 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
https://t.co/37v6itEd1p

Old 04-06-2016, 04:12 AM

953 posts, read 842,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
He puts Americans first.
The only person he puts first is himself.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:36 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I have every right to judge somebody for their political views and so do you. If you co-sign with what that man says then YOU ARE RACIST.

You are free to agree or disagree with me as you please or even allude to the fictional "race card" that you guys made up; but it's not a very hard concept to understand.

How is trump a racist? Because he wants to actually enforce immigration law?

Old 04-06-2016, 05:46 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
How is trump a racist? Because he wants to actually enforce immigration law?
Facts are racist. Noticing crime patterns is racist. You're racist. I'm racist. We're all racist!

Old 04-06-2016, 05:56 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Facts are racist. Noticing crime patterns is racist. You're racist. I'm racist. We're all racist!
I'm totally a racist. I'm loving it right now. So much fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island