Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:11 AM

82 posts, read 119,696 times

Advertisements

"Rob Truthy Boat Guy" on Facebook has been informing tax payers all the BS that the Town has been engaged in with OUR MONEY! And now HE gets ejected for some flyers puh-lease! Town is in a billion dollar debt with junk rating. They all need to go asap! PS -why did they need to take down camera to livestream Townhall????? What are they hiding????

Oyster Bay town critic removed from board meeting by police | Newsday

Oyster Bay Town Supervisor John Venditto had police eject a critic from town hall for handing out fliers before a town board meeting began Tuesday morning.
Massapequa resident Robert Ripp had placed fliers critical of a board member on chairs in town hall and handed them out to attendees.
Oyster Bay officials told him to stop, and after a brief conversation Ripp sat down and waited for the meeting to start.
Ripp said he was told he couldn’t hand out fliers without a permit.
The meeting’s start was delayed and the camera that live-streams the meeting was removed from the town hall. Two Nassau County police officers arrived shortly before 11 a.m. and led Ripp outside.
The officers told Ripp he had violated they town’s meeting rules.
One of the officers said, “your pamphlet is solicitation.”
Public Safety Commissioner Justin McCaffrey told the officers that Venditto would not start the meeting until Ripp left.
McCaffrey said Ripp had violated “town decorum.”
Ripp left and the meeting started at about 11:10 a.m.
Resident Bob Freier, who ran for town board last year as a Democrat, said he was “disgusted” by the action.
“They violated his First Amendment rights,” Freier said of Ripp, a frequent critic of town operations. “It’s a public meeting and he should have the right to hand out his information.

Last edited by mamafala; 05-10-2016 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 11:40 AM

20,022 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Wow. I like that guy. I think this will help him more than hurt him.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:15 PM

400 posts, read 761,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Wow. I like that guy. I think this will help him more than hurt him.
yea me too... I think he is doing a great job of pointing out the mismanagement.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:24 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Robert Ripp should sue TOBY officials for a million dollars and win it. Its disgusting how Venditto and govt officials are so corrupted.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:27 PM

519 posts, read 597,372 times
Look at this guy's facebook and youtube channels. I've never seen a watchdog like this before. Is he part of a group or doing this solo? TOB better have some answers to his latest video series "Ten reasons not to trust Venditto and the TOB board". I'm only up to #3 and absolutely disgusted already!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYn...G57IKxClLjxdfA

https://www.facebook.com/people/Robe...00010072681112

Old 05-10-2016, 01:58 PM

82 posts, read 119,696 times
Every town can use a guy like him. Strangers have been sending him checks to cover fees for all the FOIL documents he's asked the town for...but he said don't bother b/c he'll just rip em up! checks.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:02 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafala View Post
Every town can use a guy like him. Strangers have been sending him checks to cover fees for all the FOIL documents he's asked the town for...but he said don't bother b/c he'll just rip em up! checks.
+1....they need more people like him. A dozen or more.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:08 PM

91 posts, read 109,646 times
I LOVE THIS GUY !!!!!! He's always has the board sweating when he walks in

Old 05-10-2016, 07:47 PM

519 posts, read 597,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Robert Ripp should sue TOBY officials for a million dollars and win it. Its disgusting how Venditto and govt officials are so corrupted.
There may be some corruption, but you will find this in every town. This guy should hit up the Town of Hempstead. I can only imagine what he'll find there .

One thing I will give Venditto credit for is he has kept TOB pretty nice. Lots of stuff you won't see out in the open but they do work to preserve the quality of life for residents. That guy running against them (who I think is part of this watchdog group) was using the race card against TOB officials during the election on an issue about low income housing. so be careful what you wish for because the alternative may be worse than what TOB has now.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:41 AM

163 posts, read 245,936 times
Alot of towns do this. A guy was putting flyers on cars at Huntington train station alerting people of a zoning change for development in that area. He was feet away from my car when Huntington "safety" patrol told him to cut it out, it was illegal. Funny how they don't stop all the local handymen, painters, landscapers from doing the same thing every week.

NY politicians are corrupt from the very top down to the local dogcatcher. It's in the local govt where they learn the tricks to their trade. It's the minor leagues of corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island