Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:26 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,411,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
NHP you will hear airplanes landing every 30 seconds for 20 hours a day headed to JFK.
they use runway 22L almost 80 percent of the time. So if low flying airplanes do not bother you, than this is the neighborhood for you.

I have family on South 8th and jericho.
every 30 seconds a plane is heading to JFK to land

horrible noise constant
Wow, my hearing must not be as good as I think because this was never an issue for me! I lived off of Marcus Avenue, in between Hillside Avenue and Jericho Turnpike. Maybe I just tuned it out or had good insulation in my house, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 02:28 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Wow, my hearing must not be as good as I think because this was never an issue for me! I lived off of Marcus Avenue, in between Hillside Avenue and Jericho Turnpike. Maybe I just tuned it out or had good insulation in my house, lol!
the flight patterns have changed.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:41 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,411,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
the flight patterns have changed.
Oh wow, when did they change? In this sense, I'm glad I don't live there anymore!

Old 05-23-2016, 10:03 PM

401 posts, read 551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
NHP you will hear airplanes landing every 30 seconds for 20 hours a day headed to JFK.
they use runway 22L almost 80 percent of the time. So if low flying airplanes do not bother you, than this is the neighborhood for you.

I have family on South 8th and jericho.
every 30 seconds a plane is heading to JFK to land

horrible noise constant
Better than most noise you can find in some neighborhoods in NYC. It's a tradeoff. Where I used to live, the summer was like that. Hearing a plane was pretty common every two hours or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island