Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:26 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times

Advertisements

Oh love this thread- always looking for new restaurants to try. So far these are our 'go to' places when we are w friends/family:

Cheesecake Factory (quick weekday dinner)
Ayhans (Greek) (located in Baldwin, Plainview, Carle Place and Port Washington)
Island Buffet (Grand Ave, Baldwin)
East Bay Diner in Seaford (do diners count? i love diners)
Corner Galley (Merrick Rd, Massapequa)
Piccolo's (Bellmore)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 08:56 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Fav pizza: Raimo's, also in Hicksville

Also love Cheesecake Factory, though always packed - only go at odd hours and never if you have more than 10 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Killer Vietnamese Restaurant in Farmingdale if y'all are into that sorta hootenanies
If you're talking about The Rolling Spring Roll, we gave it two tries and disappointed both times. Nice friendly owners but they skimp on the food and it's not anywhere near as good as what you can get in the boroughs. Unfortunately only one of two options around, and the other place in East Meadow area is somewhat worse.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:00 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
Quote:
I like LCK a lot too.

Killer Vietnamese Restaurant in Farmingdale if y'all are into that sorta hootenanies
They did open a place called Little Left Coast a few yrs ago. Because the owners are from California & wanted to expand take-out/delivery locally. The place suddenly closed without much notice right around Christmas! Miss it so much as the food/service/delivery was fantastic. I keep in contact with the owners & they were planning to restructure & open back up soon. Seems to hit a bump in the road. But LCK is still going strong & they did make it right with all their employees at LLC. Which not many businesses do.

As for Rolling Spring Roll in Farmingdale we love it too. Last time we were there they were closed though. Think remodeling maybe? But it has been a while.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:09 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Oh love this thread- always looking for new restaurants to try. So far these are our 'go to' places when we are w friends/family:

Cheesecake Factory (quick weekday dinner)
Ayhans (Greek) (located in Baldwin, Plainview, Carle Place and Port Washington)
Island Buffet (Grand Ave, Baldwin)
East Bay Diner in Seaford (do diners count? i love diners)
Corner Galley (Merrick Rd, Massapequa)
Piccolo's (Bellmore)
Wow! Forgot about Corner galley! Still going strong I guess. I know it has been there at least since early 80's. Forgot about that place. Have not been there since at least 1999.

We like to go to the Ayhans in Plainview on Sundays for the Brunch Buffet. Awesome display. Actually going this Sunday for Fathers day with neighbors. Treating him & his family to a nice Fathers Day brunch since he has done so much for us during & after Sandy. As for Piccolos we love that place too. Just wish they delivered locally. A friend of mine works there on & off when there are parties scheduled.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:46 AM

236 posts, read 473,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
They did open a place called Little Left Coast a few yrs ago. Because the owners are from California & wanted to expand take-out/delivery locally. The place suddenly closed without much notice right around Christmas! Miss it so much as the food/service/delivery was fantastic. I keep in contact with the owners & they were planning to restructure & open back up soon. Seems to hit a bump in the road. But LCK is still going strong & they did make it right with all their employees at LLC. Which not many businesses do.

As for Rolling Spring Roll in Farmingdale we love it too. Last time we were there they were closed though. Think remodeling maybe? But it has been a while.
Rolling Spring Roll in Farmingdale closed for a few weeks while working to open their second location in Syosset.

The Syosset location is much bigger with more tables, seats and a small bar. I've been there about 5 times already and it's been more and more packed every time I go.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:59 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Fav pizza: Raimo's, also in Hicksville

Also love Cheesecake Factory, though always packed - only go at odd hours and never if you have more than 10 people.

If you're talking about The Rolling Spring Roll, we gave it two tries and disappointed both times. Nice friendly owners but they skimp on the food and it's not anywhere near as good as what you can get in the boroughs. Unfortunately only one of two options around, and the other place in East Meadow area is somewhat worse.
When did you go? They were closed for a while & made a lot of changes to the menu.

I always leave there feeling full but then again i'm microscopic so i dont require a big portion

Old 06-17-2016, 06:01 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post

It's open again as well as the Syosset location

Old 06-17-2016, 06:14 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:

Isn't that the same neighborhood with a very high incidence of missing dogs?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:52 AM

629 posts, read 963,076 times
Cafe Baci's in Westbury will still always be one of my favorites
Hamza & Madina's food truck in Hicksville for chicken & rice always good for late night calories
Minado's for AYCE sushi

Old 06-17-2016, 07:07 AM

204 posts, read 297,066 times
Coach Grill in Oyster Bay
Lost & Found in Long Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island