Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:52 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,301,575 times

Advertisements

Your Should have spoken to him 1st, calling the town is never good. My mom had a neighbor call the town on her cause her neighbor is psychotic. Cost her 8k because a pool in the yard was put in the wrong spot 30yrs prior. It all worked out she sold the house at the height of the real estate boom. The neighbor who called was a anti Semitic racist. She had 4 offers and sold to a black family! I went to this neighbors house and said Hope you enjoy the new neighbors their are a nice back family husband is a dr and they have 4 kids. Be careful waht you wish for. This guy called to be a dick and his worst nightmare came true because of it.

FYI, it took 1 hour a phone call and a visit to townhall to find out who reported. The towns many times don't respond to anonymous calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 02:01 PM

13 posts, read 13,732 times
if you called anonymously, he doesnt know. even if you left your name, that info is redacted for FOIA requests.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM

11 posts, read 10,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid99 View Post
if you called anonymously, he doesnt know. even if you left your name, that info is redacted for FOIA requests.
Thank you very much

Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM

22,649 posts, read 36,629,764 times
I'm curious how someone who called and didn't leave their name can be traced. This all seems a bit silly since she said she reported it anonymously.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 PM

19,874 posts, read 20,602,712 times
Because big brother is watching us.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:21 PM

300 posts, read 548,808 times
If you called anonymously they won't know. If you were worried about getting your number traced you should have used *67... But even if you didn't block your call, you probably got transferred once or twice before actually talking to the person you needed to talk to. So they won't have your number.

Don't worry about it. You did the right thing if the situation was unsafe.. (i would have tried talking to the neighbor first but it's okay.)
Keep the conversation light with your neighbor and deny till you die.

Also I'm shocked if he got his lawyer involved.. Sounds like garbage. There is no need for a lawyer in this situation... The town would laugh this off if they got a lawyer involved.. If the neighbor says he knows who it is, I would just ask who? If he says you, just tell him you didn't..

Hope this puts you at ease!

Old 06-26-2016, 09:24 PM

11 posts, read 10,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignBuild516 View Post
If you called anonymously they won't know. If you were worried about getting your number traced you should have used *67... But even if you didn't block your call, you probably got transferred once or twice before actually talking to the person you needed to talk to. So they won't have your number.

Don't worry about it. You did the right thing if the situation was unsafe.. (i would have tried talking to the neighbor first but it's okay.)
Keep the conversation light with your neighbor and deny till you die.

Also I'm shocked if he got his lawyer involved.. Sounds like garbage. There is no need for a lawyer in this situation... The town would laugh this off if they got a lawyer involved.. If the neighbor says he knows who it is, I would just ask who? If he says you, just tell him you didn't..

Hope this puts you at ease!
Thank you, thank you! Your response did put me at ease and I appreciate it!

Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,787,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa25 View Post
Wow. Feels good being tough behind a screen, huh? I never understand people looking for a fight while they're hiding behind a device. You're so cool.

Those of you that responded normally, thank you for your insight.

Wait a second! Didn't you hide behind a telephone when you made your anonymous call? That's hypocrisy of the highest order.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:20 AM

19,874 posts, read 20,602,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Wait a second! Didn't you hide behind a telephone when you made your anonymous call? That's hypocrisy of the highest order.
Ouch!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:55 AM

59 posts, read 81,926 times
A home construction site in the neighborhood was always a big draw to us boys on Long Island. That smell of fresh lumber and still wet cement hangs heavily in the weekend air as we practiced our balancing skills by walking the perimeter walls of a newly poured basement. During the week the workers would always let us have scrape wood pieces to spruce up the forts we'd built in the surrounding woods.

I can't tell you how many times we kids stepped on nails. The soft soles of our PF Flyers offered little in the way of protection and it often meant a trip to Good Sam hospital for the dreaded tetanus shot. It sounds trite now, but for good or ill, these childhood trials including winning (or not winning) schoolyard fights, losing my entire baseball card collection in a flip game to a shifty kid out from the City. And probably the worst thing, or so it seemed at the time, being cut from Little League tryouts when I was eight years old for not being good enough. I remember walking off the field with my glove under my arm and it seemed the dugout was miles away. It was a walk of shame although no one called it that back then. When I got home all Dad said was, "Next time try harder!"

Not sure of the OPs age or ability but a better course may have been going out there yourself and sweeping up the nails in the street. Or better yet hire the kid who stepped on the nail to do it. That way he'd learn adversity often has a silver lining.

:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island