Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 04:48 PM

27 posts, read 24,322 times

Advertisements

Gearing up for a long distance move at the end of the summer and right now our plan is to take as little with us as possible. That of course means selling our furniture. We are not in a required firesale situation, wo what actually stays or goes will be somewhat dependent of how much we get offered (we are trying to be realistic on estimated value as well). We do have a lot of name brand and quality stuff, but know there is a lot of depreciation for used furniture.

I have sold furniture in the past, with and without success. There are the obvious choices of craigslist, eBay, newer options like letgo, and the good old garage sale.

What has worked best for people? Especially when there are quite a few pieces/sets not just one offs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:11 PM

20,818 posts, read 28,136,000 times
Penny saver ad??? Post in on Facebook.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 PM

562 posts, read 1,051,752 times
I've had the best luck with Facebook. Plenty of tag sale groups for the different towns and county areas.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:36 PM

19,584 posts, read 20,406,499 times
Craigslist or one of those facebook sell pages.
We are gonna try and sell whatever we can to any potential buyers.
All our furniture is fairly new and really gives the place that staged look like on those stupid TV shows, so our agent knows to push the furniture angle as well.
Otherwise I will use facebook and Craigslist. We are taking nothing but personal items and clothes. That's it. Everything else is for sale or goes to the curb.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 AM

562 posts, read 1,051,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Craigslist or one of those facebook sell pages.
We are gonna try and sell whatever we can to any potential buyers.
All our furniture is fairly new and really gives the place that staged look like on those stupid TV shows, so our agent knows to push the furniture angle as well.
Otherwise I will use facebook and Craigslist. We are taking nothing but personal items and clothes. That's it. Everything else is for sale or goes to the curb.
When I purchased my house, I bought half of the furniture that was already in the home. Less stress, because everything had been measured to fit the house already.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:30 PM

402 posts, read 513,773 times
There is a store in Oyster Bay that can possibly help you out. Its called Attic Furniture...

Old 07-11-2016, 09:51 PM

19,584 posts, read 20,406,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM1982 View Post
When I purchased my house, I bought half of the furniture that was already in the home. Less stress, because everything had been measured to fit the house already.
I can only pray...

I don't want to take it or deal with it.
The stuff goes great with the house and its real nice stuff too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island