Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 02:07 PM

514 posts, read 438,679 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Are there private school bus services, big or small in the three village school district?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 02:30 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamanewuser View Post
Hello,
Are there private school bus services, big or small in the three village school district?

Thanks!
None that I can think of.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:14 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamanewuser View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
What do you mean by "private"?
In most cases, if you send you child to a private school, the district will provide transportation within a given radius (often about 15 miles).

If you have a child with special needs requirements, generally there is no distance limitation. Of course there can always be exceptions

Old 07-24-2016, 10:48 PM

514 posts, read 438,679 times
To clarify, I meant school bus type of pick up and drop off commercial service for kids who are going to a different private/public school other than the public school that would normally be assigned to them based on their home address.

Essentially a taxi service that picks up kids from home, drops them off at school, and then picks them up from school and drops them back at their homes but on a regular basis and is reliable.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:06 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
There's really no reason for this service to exist on Long Island, since there is a minuscule # of kids that don't go to the school assigned to their address - and those that do are usually special ed and therefore entitled to a school bus - even if they are the only ones on it.

Again, you are way overthinking what ELEMENTARY school your child is going to. Within a school district there can't possibly be that much difference between schools to warrant this kind of jumping thru hoops. And if there is a huge disparity, it may be that they place all the special ed kids in one school which brings down test scores. There are three K-1 primary schools in Garden City, but all the kids who are in serious need of special ed services go to one of those schools.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
Gotta agree with Twingles here. I grew up in the 3V school district and ALL the elementary schools are great. You have nothing to worry about with a specific school in the district.

I did look at your previous posts about someone being able to "switch" elementary schools, and I actually knew someone who did that with her daughter as well, but it was because she worked in one of the schools and wouldn't have been able to pick her daughter up from the after school program in the school zoned for her house.

There is no private busing available for someone that "chooses" to attend a different elementary school than the one your house is zoned for. The parent would be fully responsible for transportation to and from the school everyday.

Which school are you zoned for that you're "afraid" of? Let me guess....Arrowhead? That's actually the school I went to and I had some wonderful teachers and experiences there. All the elementary schools are top notch. And don't even get started on the Jr Highs yet, lol, don't want to get into the Murphy v. Gelinas fight. Plus, regardless of what elementary school you "choose" for your child, you will still go the Jr High that your house is zoned in.

Remember it's elementary school!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: