Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:10 AM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,307 times

Advertisements

OP is classic example of someone who is now embarrassed by his own ignorance and is taking it out on others who schooled him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 07:26 AM

400 posts, read 761,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Most of you are complete morons. I called the school today and they said that we should not be out any money and they are responsible for every charge that has been incurred. I didn't have to bully them. I simply asked what the process was they said to submit all bills to them and they are covered for this.

I am not going to pay for this and I shouldn't have to. She got hurt on school property. It is cut and dry. When the pediatrician says to get to the ER immediately, a responsible parent isn't going to start comparison shopping. If your father was having a heart attack and you call 911 and the paramedics get there, is your first question going to be "do you take blue cross"? Yeah right! You're gonna send them away and wait for the first ambulance that does. Your argument is idiotic. And you f I have a choice of LIJ in Manhassett or some windy dink Doctor wannabe clinic, guess where I am going. Feel free to go to your no frills medical dropout.

So, I am right. Most of you are wrong and spew out false information as if it is fact. Later! Thread closed.
The pediatrician will tell you to go to the ER because they do not have the equipment to handle the situation. If it was a medial emergency, do you think the Peds is going to send you on your way? There are people who go to the ER for everything, including sniffles etc.... You are probably going to get better care at the urgent care clinic. This is not a free clinic, these are FOR PROFIT centers, where you have attendings working on you. At the ER, especially manhasset and LIJ, your care will be handled by a resident and supervised by an attending.

What is funny is the first thing everyone told you to do was call the school, but you want to insist on speculating on something where the answer was only 1 call away. I wonder what is next, you should not be responsible for the doctors bill for the cold your daughter caught from another kid at school since it didnt happen on YOUR property.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Urgent care handles everything except life threatening emergencies. Both of my kids have been stitched up in urgent care, the one time we had to go to the ER because U.C. was closed was a nightmare, 3 hour wait. I don't know why anyone would choose that.

We have an orthopedic urgent care near me too. Took both boys there with broken arms, easy peasy and the one kid who would've ended up with surgery for pins and screws ended up with just a cast because an orthopedist set the arm so well surgery wasn't needed. $80 co-pay, instead of every Tom, Dick and Harry with an MD after their name coming in to "see" and billing us hundreds of dollars.

Get familiar with urgent care. Your pediatrician is a dope if they didn't recommend that instead of the ER.

I'm honestly finding it harder and harder to believe you work in healthcare, unless you're a porter.
I forgot..... How could this guy work in healthcare? My Friend works at one of these places, he graduated from georgetown and columbia, but hated working at the hospital. The stress/hours and pay are much better at the urgent care.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:30 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I'm sorry. Do people really think that if they get hurt on someone else's property from some random occurrence that the other person is responsible for it?
This makes no sense.
If you fall down at my house, I'm not paying for that. That's ridiculous.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:32 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Most of you are complete morons. I called the school today and they said that we should not be out any money and they are responsible for every charge that has been incurred. I didn't have to bully them. I simply asked what the process was they said to submit all bills to them and they are covered for this.

I am not going to pay for this and I shouldn't have to. She got hurt on school property. It is cut and dry. When the pediatrician says to get to the ER immediately, a responsible parent isn't going to start comparison shopping. If your father was having a heart attack and you call 911 and the paramedics get there, is your first question going to be "do you take blue cross"? Yeah right! You're gonna send them away and wait for the first ambulance that does. Your argument is idiotic. And you f I have a choice of LIJ in Manhassett or some windy dink Doctor wannabe clinic, guess where I am going. Feel free to go to your no frills medical dropout.

So, I am right. Most of you are wrong and spew out false information as if it is fact. Later! Thread closed.
So 5 stitches in a finger is the medical equivalent of a heart attack? What type of job do you have in Healthcare?

By the way Mr. Healthcare worker, many hospitals are now owners of urgent care centers as cost shifts associated with ACA has led to their increased utilization, but you should have known that being in healthcare.

BTW LIJ is not in Manhasset.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:33 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:

Spew...morons...

I'm pretty sure moronic is comparing a finger cut with a heart attack. And you know what I do? Every year when my insurance stuff comes out, I look up which facilities in my area are under my network.
Shocker.

You know the school has made a policy to just pay for these things so that idiot people won't sue, right?

I mean, seriously..."on their property."

Is this the new common asshattery?

Old 08-05-2016, 06:01 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
This is the reality of today's America. Everyone quick to sue and want others to pay. we can thanks our lawyers for this.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
This is the reality of today's America. Everyone quick to sue and want others to pay. we can thanks our lawyers for this.
It really is.... People do this stuff all the time...

I understand not wanting to pay for it, but this guy would probably complain if it happened on his own property.. he would call the school and say it happened on theirs.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Hate to tell you..as a child I was told and historically it's been validated..American Society is VERY litigious ..meaning They will sue when ever they can!! The old rule of thumb ( Good Samaritan) law which has been a long standing LAW in our Country. This means that anyone who tries to HELP cannot be held responsible for injury nor outcome of that injury because THEY did NOT cause that initial INURY!!

Canadian's in the HC industy KNOW that..so whenever they ( my parents and myself) do NOT fear of being sued for any help offered to anyone who has been injured in an accident. Protections for good intentions should Never be litigated in any court..but then again..American Litigious mindset..causes PAUSE..because it's counter productive to good intention..Why should anybody put themselves at such a risk....Canadian's do have protections from such predatory lawsuits!

What should be recognized tho..is proper policy in institutions..and those anchorage need to have education and training dealing with accidents and hazards within the workplace. All workers should have BCLS..Basic Life Saving credentials that must be re-tested at least every 2 years!!

There should never be a "Good Samaritan" fearing a Lawsuit ..EVER!!

Old 08-06-2016, 06:21 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
I for one can't believe the direction the thread went. The OP asked a question essentially about billing and somehow we wound up with a thread of litigation and blame.

IF you have no experience with a school injury in the past, as it appears the OP did not, then the question in my mind was a valid one. All they did was ask how to proceed. It is not about suing, it is about responsibility for medical coverage. If you were hurt in a workplace environment, you would not pick the responsibility for the charges up unless you are self-employed, and even then we are talking a technicality.

If, I were the original poster, I would not have hesitated to ask the question here, before approaching the school. I have asked many questions here to things I either had no idea about or thought I knew the answer but just wanted to verify that I was headed in the right direction before proceeding.

So disappointed in the direction CD has gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island