Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:23 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times

Advertisements

omg. I had forgotten how terrible that was. What an embarrassment for our tiny , old-fashioned & somewhat staid village . And , that was right on Main Street , right in the middle of town.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM

9 posts, read 35,329 times
Contrary to popular belief Babylon has ALWAYS had "creepy people" part of it is a trade off for having the LIRR station. Commutes are easy but for any long time Babylon resident you will not hear any other good about the RR station. Oh and don't count on Suffolk or MTA PD to watch out for these folks, they simply call the ambulance for the drunks, but no one questions others. So that addresses the transient creeps.

Now if you're talking about resident creeps well we've had a transistion. At one time we had no less than 6 "nursing homes" that housed elderly and mentally challenged folks who couldn't care for themselves. The ambulatory among them would wander the Village, Argyle Park, and the vicinity. Most were harmless but still "Creepy".
Now we have restaurants, lots of 'em and with restaurants comes two things: dishwashers and drunks. So we now have a bodega to serve the dishwasher community and more complaints from residents about loud, arrogant drunks at 4-5 AM.

That said, Babylon is a great place to live, good schools, great amenities, but the two things that everyone touts the RR and the Restaurants come with their own baggage.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 AM

9 posts, read 35,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
omg. I had forgotten how terrible that was. What an embarrassment for our tiny , old-fashioned & somewhat staid village . And , that was right on Main Street , right in the middle of town.
Not sure what you are referring to, it never really was "terrible" and it still isn't, I guess I was making a sarcastic point about the initial comment regarding "creepy people". Babylon is a great place to live and raise kids but like all places it is not without it's problems.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:39 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Not sure what you are referring to, it never really was "terrible" and it still isn't, I guess I was making a sarcastic point about the initial comment regarding "creepy people". Babylon is a great place to live and raise kids but like all places it is not without it's problems.

We (the other poster and I ) were discussing an episode of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES . No one was referring to you at all.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island