Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 05:40 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,796,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Ah yes...California-The Land of Fruits & Nuts....and the 13.5% income tax.
Yeah, so what? An income tax is a tax based on ability to pay. They don't make paupers out of homeowners and their homes appreciate in value more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:51 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
Yeah, so what? An income tax is a tax based on ability to pay. They don't make paupers out of homeowners and their homes appreciate in value more.
You inherited a house. The only reason you are a pauper is because you don't make enough money. Can you please sell and move away already. What are you waiting for?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
You inherited a house. The only reason you are a pauper is because you don't make enough money. Can you please sell and move away already. What are you waiting for?
Trough feeder much? After I move away I'll still pop in to annoy you.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:18 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,942 times
Quote:
Trough feeder much? After I move away I'll still pop in to annoy you.
I am blessed to have learned a valuable trade that pays me handsomely both in the private and in the public sector. There are many blue collar workers that could never dream of leaving metro NYC for a severe reduction in salary. You sound like a slacker. Get it together and take life by the horns.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
I am blessed to have learned a valuable trade that pays me handsomely both in the private and in the public sector. There are many blue collar workers that could never dream of leaving metro NYC for a severe reduction in salary. You sound like a slacker. Get it together and take life by the horns.
Did I hit a nerve? You are very nervy coming here and judging me and telling me what to do. Go ef yourself.

Putting you on ignore.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM

731 posts, read 724,908 times
Quote:
Did I hit a nerve? You are very nervy coming here and judging me and telling me what to do. Go ef yourself.

Putting you on ignore.
Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl; you'll never come again.
Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
Wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.
Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my heart.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
Wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.
Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my heart.
So heartfelt, so true. Here's the music.

https://youtu.be/CyBcHUe4WeQ

Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
No. An income tax is a tax based on income. Not based on 'ability to pay'.

(For example, one may have medical bills, debts, family obligations, etc. that effect an ability to pay.)

California, like NY, practices a blend of taxes on income, assets (including property), sales, etc. What makes California a bit unique among the states is the heavy dependency on high state income taxes to finance schools.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:24 PM

718 posts, read 620,113 times
Angie carpenter comes to Islip as town superviso and taxes go through the roof.

Never again.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
No. An income tax is a tax based on income. Not based on 'ability to pay'.

(For example, one may have medical bills, debts, family obligations, etc. that effect an ability to pay.)

California, like NY, practices a blend of taxes on income, assets (including property), sales, etc. What makes California a bit unique among the states is the heavy dependency on high state income taxes to finance schools.
Affordability of any and all taxes are affected by debts and obligations. Here in NY we clobber homeowners with practically the entire school tax burden while CA spreads the school taxes among more people. Otherwise, many well off Californians would not contribute anything to the schools.

It's obvious that CA homeowners have a better deal. They pay far less in property taxes and their homes are worth a lot more at selling time. LI homeowners get shafted twice with low appreciation and horrendous taxes.

The situation will never improve. LI taxpayers have too many trough feeders and pension geezers to support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island