Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2016, 09:44 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
We don't disagree. Under- enthusiasm for Hillary is keeping the race close
I am not enthusiastic about hillary at all. I think she is overqualified for a centrist status quo candidate . I think she will do fine. Thats not what I wanted. I wanted an even further left candidate. I know I won't get that . Im an adult. I know how these things work . I am very enthusiastic about preventing Donald Duke (David Duke is campaigning for him) out of the white House (out of power). Any huckster can call me and get a political donation at this point. Lol. I'd give my last five bucks to the Democratic party if it meant keeping Guliani and Christie out if the White House and Supreme Court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 09:56 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Screwing over Wall Street's little "growth at all costs even if it destroys America" racket != "tanking the economy". I fully expect the stock market to take a dive when corporations can no longer exploit cheap immigrant labor, replace American STEM majors with H-1B indentured servants, and build their shoddy products in Asian sweatshops. Boo hoo. We will all be better off in the long term.

HOW, that magical word no Trump supporter wants to address. A magic wand that will transform Congress, Wall St and global markets...yet NOT tackle trickle down, regulations or current trade laws (bipartisan). Emperor Trump will just stand on a hill and yell "rid us of the moneychangers" like the Jr. Deity you fancy him to be. What a hoot!

Hmm, simple question...HOW does he "de-regulate" us into all those regulations above?!

Old 09-30-2016, 10:07 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
HOW, that magical word no Trump supporter wants to address. A magic wand that will transform Congress, Wall St and global markets...yet NOT tackle trickle down, regulations or current trade laws (bipartisan). Emperor Trump will just stand on a hill and yell "rid us of the moneychangers" like the Jr. Deity you fancy him to be. What a hoot!

Hmm, simple question...HOW does he "de-regulate" us into all those regulations above?!
Don't care.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:09 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
What do you care about?

Old 09-30-2016, 10:10 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Don't care.
Exactly.

Too bad there are no sheep or "Hey Kool Aid" emojis on here.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:11 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Washington: "I cannot tell a lie."
FDR: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
JFK: "Ask not what your country can do, but what you can do for your country."
Trump: "hey check out this pig's sex tape"

Old 09-30-2016, 11:47 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Washington: "I cannot tell a lie."
FDR: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." ...and homosexuals. Read up on the Newport Sex Scandal.
JFK: "Ask not what your country can do, but what you can do for your country."
Trump: "hey check out this pig's sex tape"
Actual Trump quote: "Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?"

Certainly not presidential. Are any of these?

President Jimmy Carter: "I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times."
President Bill Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
Sen. Gary Hart: "This attractive lady whom I had only recently been introduced to dropped into my lap….I chose not to dump her off."
JFK: "If I don't have a woman every three days or so I get a terrible headache."

Going back to Trump's quote, I have to confess to being curious as to when Ms. Machado was granted citizenship and if it took her a long while -- like many of my friends experienced -- or if she was fast-tracked.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:00 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Actual Trump quote: "Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?"

Certainly not presidential. Are any of these?

President Jimmy Carter: "I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times."
President Bill Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
Sen. Gary Hart: "This attractive lady whom I had only recently been introduced to dropped into my lap….I chose not to dump her off."
JFK: "If I don't have a woman every three days or so I get a terrible headache."

Going back to Trump's quote, I have to confess to being curious as to when Ms. Machado was granted citizenship and if it took her a long while -- like many of my friends experienced -- or if she was fast-tracked.
Presidential candidate accused of sexism attacks former beauty pageant entrant whom he called "piggy" and directs voters to dig up her sex tape. Natural reaction by voters would be to "confess" that they are "curious" how she got her citizenship. Of course.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:03 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I am not enthusiastic about hillary at all. I think she is overqualified for a centrist status quo candidate . I think she will do fine. Thats not what I wanted. I wanted an even further left candidate. I know I won't get that . Im an adult. I know how these things work . I am very enthusiastic about preventing Donald Duke (David Duke is campaigning for him) out of the white House (out of power). Any huckster can call me and get a political donation at this point. Lol. I'd give my last five bucks to the Democratic party if it meant keeping Guliani and Christie out if the White House and Supreme Court.
Well you could have had Bernie Sanders. A honest candidate who does not sell himself out to pharmaceutical companies for campaign donations or still believes in "free trade" because that is what the multi-national corporations want. Instead we got another establishment Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Presidential candidate accused of sexism attacks former beauty pageant entrant whom he called "piggy" and directs voters to dig up her sex tape. Natural reaction by voters would be to "confess" that they are "curious" how she got her citizenship. Of course.
Instead of looking at everything written -- you dig on one small thing? That's all you've got? You want me to put my blinders on? Sorry, but I would like to know both sides. I don't condone Trump's remarks. I don't condone all the mud slinging and HRC has been the one with the negative ads. Given Machado's appearance at this phase in the race, you aren't the least bit curious how she came to be a citizen? Plenty of other Miss U's haven't done so, why this one and why now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island