Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 02:25 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post

You absolutely do NOT need an ID for a hospital. You will get emergency care regardless. Boarding a plane or taking civil service exams are terrible examples compared to voting. They are not basic rights of Americans.
Yes you are correct, you do not need and ID for a hospital, however, they do ask for an insurance card and that was what I was referring to. They will treat you in the absence of one but they do ask for it.

Once again, the right to bear arms is also a basic right, however you have to produce ID to buy a gun legally, so that argument is shot full of holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 02:34 PM

108 posts, read 121,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTAC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
...The separation of church and state is a CORE tenet of our Constitution.
The part they neither like nor understand.
I am surprised this entire thread has not been moved to a political forum. I will steer clear of the Trump/Clinton discussion, but will bite on the Constitutional statement.
I am not an American by birth, but love reading and discussing the Constitution and hope that either one of our two flawed candidates would do since they will be swearing to protect, defend, and uphold it.

Please tell me which part exactly do we don't like nor understand? The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment forbids the government from establishing an official religion and prohibits the government from favoring any one religion over another. I do not see anywhere in the Constitution where it states that a religion shall be removed from the public square.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:55 PM

513 posts, read 837,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead8286 View Post
Please tell me which part exactly do we don't like nor understand?
The far right doesn't like, nor understand the part about religions they don't like being seen as equally protected, as well as Atheism being equally protected.

Right wing militias threaten communities

States where you technically cant hold public office if you're an atheist/

Quote:
The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment forbids the government from establishing an official religion and prohibits the government from favoring any one religion over another. I do not see anywhere in the Constitution where it states that a religion shall be removed from the public square.
Me neither.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:18 PM

108 posts, read 121,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTAC View Post
The far right doesn't like, nor understand the part about religions they don't like being seen as equally protected, as well as Atheism being equally protected.

Right wing militias threaten communities

States where you technically cant hold public office if you're an atheist/

Me neither.
I am not far right, but a Constitutional Conservative... but there are knuckleheads on the far left, far right, and in between. Just curious, since when has atheism become a religion? And yes, I didn't capitalize it on purpose.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:33 PM

513 posts, read 837,200 times
Quote:
I am not far right, but a Constitutional Conservative...
I didn't say you were.

Quote:
but there are knuckleheads on the far left, far right, and in between.
Agreed.

Quote:
Just curious, since when has atheism become a religion?
I didn't say it is. It is a belief that is constitutionally protected.

Quote:
And yes, I didn't capitalize it on purpose.
Whatever floats your boat. I capitalize Christianity, Atheism, Buddhism, Transcendentalism et al as the name or title, not as a measure of respect.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:58 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Its not a freebie if you worked for it. Union janitors get a pension too......why didn't you sign up?

Boo Hooo
Receiving a pension into which you didn't pay a dime isn't a freebie? Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:09 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Receiving a pension into which you didn't pay a dime isn't a freebie? Just pointing out your hypocrisy.
Wow, bashing union freebies? What kind of a leftist are you?

Old 10-18-2016, 06:49 PM

852 posts, read 2,016,890 times
Listen, have your politics any way you like them. What I find bizarre is the guy in the Commack area who graffiti's support for GOP candidates. Some of his tags are vulgar. There's nothing conservative about vandalizing public property, or sullying the public environment with vulgar language and insults.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:16 AM

186 posts, read 243,725 times
Face the facts folks, this country is now left sided and it's going further that way each day. Hillary will win and once she's in office there will never be a so called "republican" in office again. So start learning how to gain the system and take advantage of whatever you can take advantage of. I just hope those who vote for Trump don't vote the party line and instead vote against (or just don't vote for) Long Island republicans who put Hillary to shame when it comes to being a liar.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:52 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIHR View Post
Face the facts folks, this country is now left sided and it's going further that way each day. Hillary will win and once she's in office there will never be a so called "republican" in office again. So start learning how to gain the system and take advantage of whatever you can take advantage of. I just hope those who vote for Trump don't vote the party line and instead vote against (or just don't vote for) Long Island republicans who put Hillary to shame when it comes to being a liar.
This is the type of depressive attitude that the left counts on among the right to win elections. They hammer you non-stop, tell you that you're going to lose, and back it up with so-called polls (like, within recent memory, those showing Dukakis was besting Bush and Carter was beating Regan by double digits a week before the election) and try to shame you into staying home. All the while they're united against you, lobbing bombs from their strongholds in the media, the universities, the entertainment industry, and the globalist banks. Pepper in some voter fraud, black ops that incite trouble at conservative gatherings to portray an atmosphere of "violence" (which the lapdog media is all too happy to report) and the left no doubt represents a formidable foe.

But it's a facade. Their policies are wrong and bad. Their candidate is a loser that is only competitive because Trump is polarizing. She has very soft support and very little enthusiasm surrounding her. The Democrats had record low turnout in a hotly contested primary this year, do you really think they're going to turn out for Crooked Grandma in droves like they did for Obama?

I could be wrong, but I know that we'll never get anywhere with your attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island