Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 02:21 PM

400 posts, read 761,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
Mangano claims that they are long time friends(over 25 years) and that his wife has a sisterly relationship with Singh.
The problem with this excuse is that if you were long time friends, you know that it is a conflict of interest to award contracts to Singh. So it comes down to the guy had either very poor judgement or he was criminal... my guess he will just say it is the former
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 02:39 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,077,595 times
The charges against Venditto look kind of weak to me. They got him on a restaurant discount and a private room? Wow.

Quote:
In return for helping the businessman, Venditto got use of a private room at a restaurant, free chauffeur service for himself and his family, and discounted fundraisers at a restaurant, according to the indictment.
Edward Mangano: ‘At peace’ after arrest on corruption charges | Newsday

Old 10-21-2016, 02:43 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Imagine if Mangano had gotten his way and had the taxpayer funded new Nassau Coliseum approved? He would have had his hand in the cookie jar from day 1

Old 10-21-2016, 02:45 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The charges against Venditto look kind of weak to me. They got him on a restaurant discount and a private room? Wow.

Edward Mangano: ‘At peace’ after arrest on corruption charges | Newsday
The whole guarantee of town $$ to back a private loan thing....

Old 10-21-2016, 02:46 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,199,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
Mangano claims that they are long time friends(over 25 years) and that his wife has a sisterly relationship with Singh.

How is that an excuse? That makes it worse. He was also friends and neighbors with the woman he put in charge of DPW without any public experience and they gave millions of dollars of questionable contracts out. He was also friends with the woman he made a Commissioner of CASA - which is pretty much nothing more than a hispanic fundraising and political marketing agency - she had a HS degree and was a real estate agent like the guy he put in charge of OHIA. And then of course there's Damato's daughter - out of work 12 years and hired as the Commissioner for another one of his agencies - and on and on.

Why Rob Walker hasn't been arrested yet is the only question I have. That's the guy who did nothing but hire his buddies - young kids and brought his staff from the assembly over and put them in charge of human resources - LOL.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The whole guarantee of town $$ to back a private loan thing....
Ha ha ha - yep. I'd love a public guarantee for my business - where do I sign? And then I'll do what Singh did - default and let the taxpayers take over my payments. HA - Singh was no fool.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Mangano out already and back in the office like nothing happened. SMH, cant make this stuff up.
Maybe he figures he can run the county from his jail cell?
I think he just wants to milk every last penny he can - why voluntarily give up a salary with benefits before you have a chance to cut a deal? He rolled Skelos under the bus - wonder who rolled him under? I'm sure the man has lotsa dirty secrets the DOJ would love to investigate. Could be more deals in the works.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yup it seems Murray or Martins (assuming his likely loss to Suozzi for Israel's old seat) are the frontrunners the GOP legislature would go with if Mangano resigns or is convicted prior to the end of his term.

Gets better, Venditto's replacement would likely be the Town Attorney and Deputy Supervisor Leonard Geonova whose office signed off on the $20 million according to Oyster Bay officials
Mondello wants to keep it in the family which is why the republicans stand no chance of winning back the county - same reason Trump is so far ahead. People are sick of party players.

Marangos is changing parties to democrat so he can run for county executive - he had put out some good reports during his tenure - called a spade a spade but NIFA didn't do him justice. I think I'd vote for him if he ran. He wasn't really a party player before they ran him - they just didn't have one of the old boys with a good enough accounting background who could actually do the job - and that's a job that actually you needed to do - LOL.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Yup. Now let's see what becomes of the Belmont Racetrack development. This will be interesting.
DOA I hope. The only one who wanted that was Al Damato because of his racing track connections and his online poker crap and whoever else he associates with. Mangano did what Damato told him to do. Nobody South of Garden City wants anything to do with this. The neighborhoods already have enough problems - they don't need to recruit more undesirables in so NICE can bus people in from Queens to make minimum wage and deal drugs and prostitutes on the side.

Last edited by chattyneighbor; 10-21-2016 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-21-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.A View Post
They should also void the illegal contract forged with NICE bus back in late 2011. That, coupled with the conflict of interest involving Allisland Taxi and the **** poor maintenance of these buses should also be investigated.
Yea and you know those NICE buses are paid for by Nassau taxpayers but service Queens - saw express buses on Old Country Road in Mineola and Hempstead Turnpike in West Hempstead - they transport workers from Queens into Nassau - how is that legitimate? It isn't helping Nassau and its taking jobs away.
MTA required 2 transfers - you had to pay for a Nassau bus then if you crossed in Queens - get out and get another bus and pay on the Queens side. Couldn't use the same pass. Mangano made it easy for the Queens people to get into and out of Nassau - that was a main purpose he had up his sleeve - in patronage to his CASA peeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island