Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:40 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times

Advertisements

The houses in the grid tend to smaller, most built in the 1950's - 1960's. Unless they expanded and increased the square footage, their taxes remain relatively low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 01:12 PM

245 posts, read 319,616 times
If you like east northport, I would focus your search north of Pulaski / north of the tracks. Still reasonable prices/taxes and just has a better feel than the grids. Taxes are house by house - it has nothing to do with being in the grids or not.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blernard View Post
If you like east northport, I would focus your search north of Pulaski / north of the tracks. Still reasonable prices/taxes and just has a better feel than the grids. Taxes are house by house - it has nothing to do with being in the grids or not.
Also a decent area. Very similar. East Northport grew up around the train station, so those areas immediately north and south of it have similar characteristics.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 AM

352 posts, read 386,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blernard View Post
I agree, this is good advice, focus your search north of the LIRR, if possible. Northport Zip Code doesn’t start until halfway down Vernon Valley Rd or Laurel Avenue. Norpt inc village boundary is at 25A.

Regarding property taxes, biggest influence is LIPA/PSEG plant. There is some speculation that this could become problematic in the future if the plant were to be decommissioned and it's assessment, taxes and/or PILOTS are reduced.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:01 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,536,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberto9 View Post
I agree, this is good advice, focus your search north of the LIRR, if possible. Northport Zip Code doesn’t start until halfway down Vernon Valley Rd or Laurel Avenue. Norpt inc village boundary is at 25A.

Regarding property taxes, biggest influence is LIPA/PSEG plant. There is some speculation that this could become problematic in the future if the plant were to be decommissioned and it's assessment, taxes and/or PILOTS are reduced.
North of LIRR is nice, probably nicer than the grids as a general matter, but another great part of East Northport is south of Fifth Avenue, east of Larkfield, in particular the neighborhood that is across the street from Fifth Avenue Elementary School.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:25 PM

168 posts, read 289,440 times
Hi,

With the taxes, check Property Tax Record Search - Town of Huntington, Long Island, New York

we've seen lots of houses in that area and some of them show very low taxes in Zillow, they are true taxes, but if you go to that page, then you see that they get exemptions like being a Firefighter, elderly, or others...

Regards,
Hipo

Old 05-07-2018, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 700 times
Default Thoughts on Presidents section in East Northport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson station View Post
East Northport has lower than average taxes for a few reasons:

1. LIPA plant is in the Northport-East Northport school district. This is probably the number one factor.

2. Northport-East Northport is a big school district, with a reputation for not spending extravagantly.

3. Northport-East Northport school district covers a large geographic area with a decent tax base - It's not just Larkfield, but also 25A, and Northport's Main Street and harbor.

4. The much older houses just tend to have lower tax assessments. The new construction in Northport-East Northport pays significantly higher taxes.

I know this is an older thread but was wondering if anyone has thoughts on another neighborhood in east northport .. the president streets I have a family member looking in east northport and has looked at a few houses in that area and I am wondering what people’s thoughts are about a young family moving here? Is it a family friendly neighborhood there and if the homes retain their value?
Thanks for your input !

Last edited by Tippym; 05-07-2018 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-07-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippym View Post
I know this is an older thread but was wondering if anyone has thoughts on another neighborhood in east northport .. the president streets I have a family member looking in east northport and has looked at a few houses in that area and I am wondering what people’s thoughts are about a young family moving here? Is it a family friendly neighborhood there and if the homes retain their value?
Thanks for your input !
The Presidents streets are good. Fine for a young family. They may also want to consider the Bellecrest area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island