Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 06:53 PM

402 posts, read 518,460 times

Advertisements

I hired our website people from guru.com

We found someone based in the US to build it, then hired a copywriter from the same site. We even found a great PR firm on the site and we ended up having excellent success with placements in Newsday, Yahoo Business, NYT etc.

We never met any of these people face to face...

We did have a bad experience when we hired an Indian company to do our SEO. They hacked our site and it was a whole mess. It was bizarre considering they had thousands of positive reviews. After that, we only dealt with people based in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 1,430 times
Its a great decision if u hire a freelancers on Upwork and make him work .you can see daily performance and pics what he is working in the time given by you.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:29 AM

755 posts, read 1,079,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
Even for website design you hire people there?

You don't feel the need of meeting with someone in person or trusting on who you give info to?
No reason for me to meet anyone personally. I don't run an e-commerce site, just a website to give information about my company. Same for my clients.

I usually just buy a template that I like, then hire the freelancer to customize it. Or I send the freelancer link to a sample site that I like.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:43 AM

15 posts, read 12,989 times
There's 0 need to hire someone localy for small scale operations.

If you are talking about basic HTML+CSS websites, then those things are easily designed with WSIWYG editors that are available to people for free. If it's shopping carts, then these have moved to subscription based services a long time ago and are mostly turn-key operations. These things have no barrier to entry and you will be priced out of the industry.
If you are betting on "trust" and total lack of technical knowledge then you could certainly try to find some old school folks, but these folks are unlikely to care about the web in the first place.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:51 PM

983 posts, read 724,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haosmark View Post
There's 0 need to hire someone localy for small scale operations.

If you are talking about basic HTML+CSS websites, then those things are easily designed with WSIWYG editors that are available to people for free.
Not everyone has the time to do this, nor the know how. Even if those are wysiwyg most people with businesses don't want to get into doing this themselves, for many reasons.

It's like saying "what do I need an electricina if I can replace the switch myself".
Yes, I do it on my own, but electricians still have work, right?

Edit: by the way, I'm not getting into upwork. I'd be competing for pennies

Old 11-17-2016, 09:16 PM

983 posts, read 724,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveithateit View Post

I usually just buy a template that I like, then hire the freelancer to customize it. Or I send the freelancer link to a sample site that I like.
Where do you take the freelancer from if you don't mind me asking?

Old 11-18-2016, 12:42 AM

20,028 posts, read 20,835,571 times
I do my own web design, given the fact that my Buddy and me invented websites way back when. He went on to make millions while I made hundreds. Life ain't fair and I'm a moron.
Oh well. Al Gore had nothing on us...

Old 08-07-2018, 03:33 AM

1 posts, read 235 times
Default Website designing

TO hire a local website designer search in local to do the best website in PHP, HTML etc.,
for u go through it:
Quote:
[url]https://develappsolutions.com/[/url]

Old 08-07-2018, 11:19 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by develappsolutions View Post
TO hire a local website designer search in local to do the best website in PHP, HTML etc.,
for u go through it:
Nice try d!psh!t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: