Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:02 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
2 hrs to the beach? I don’t think so scooter!!
That like bagels and pizza is not a priority for everyone. Of course should you choose to go there is no charge to get on the beach like a couple northern states I know....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:20 PM

319 posts, read 278,836 times
The beach, sand and water, and possible home damage during hurricane season, when I want a beach I go to Lake Anna.

My Virginia life is ACC Tailgates on College Gameday, Metro Hoping to DC to play in the free museums and National Zoo, taking care of my goats and chickens on our farm, having cookouts, UVA baseball games Davenport Field, living in history with Manassas Bull Run, Battle of Wilderness National Park where our home is, James Madison's Montpieler, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, George Washingtons Mount Vernon.

We shop at Wegmans or Lidl, go to work, play with the grandbabies, go to the lake, life here is like life anywhere else, it's what you make of it.

I like Virginia,have no regrets about moving on from New York and eventually calling it home. You'll never find a New York pizza or bagel in Virginia but by the same token you'll never find Virginia Ham or moonshine in New York.

New York Italian food, Georgia peach and pecan pie, the Carolinas barbecue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island