Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:31 AM

134 posts, read 250,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Sounds like a scam. Why would you believe the picture of the baby is even hers? As for a headstone, who needs it? My friends dad left the mom. He was filthy rich. Mom died. Buried her and wouldn’t buy a head stone. Friend always wanted one so she could find the mom at the cemetery. It’s a nice gesture but who needs it? No sympathetic to this one. Then again, I have no sympathy for seoerating the kids from the illegal felons at the Mexican border.
Claiming asylum at the border is legal and even if you do cross the border illegally is a misdemeanor. No compassion I see coming from you. What kind of terrible person advocates for stealing children at the border keeping them in terrible conditions. Yes we have to overhaul our immigration laws but cold and inhumane is not the answer. We can debate about policy but doing that to anyone seeking refugee status is wrong. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 07:00 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Sounds like a scam. Why would you believe the picture of the baby is even hers? As for a headstone, who needs it? My friends dad left the mom. He was filthy rich. Mom died. Buried her and wouldn’t buy a head stone. Friend always wanted one so she could find the mom at the cemetery. It’s a nice gesture but who needs it? No sympathetic to this one. Then again, I have no sympathy for seoerating the kids from the illegal felons at the Mexican border.
I hope all your surrounding neighbors play basketball all night and burn fire pits non stop. You’re a bad hombre.

Old 08-16-2019, 04:22 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,353,259 times
My neighbors are fine. And legal, so I am good. I don’t want anyone to be separated but the parents put themselves in that position. No one else. I personally would never cross into a country illegally hoping to slip by for this reason alone. And it doesn’t address the fact that the very same thing happens to mother or father that goes to prison for a crime and there is no other parent or guardian. It happens every friggin day with legal people. You don’t see protesters out there screaming about this. Imagine telling the judge or jury “you can’t throw that man in jail for murder. You are separating him from his kids. You are cruel and inhuman.” Yeah right. Blame the muderer. Blame the ones crossing the border illegally. Having children has no affect on their sentences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island