Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM

3 posts, read 28,132 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking about moving to Lynbrook - what is the parking situation for Valley Stream or Lynbrook train stations? Is there a waiting list to get in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 AM

84 posts, read 492,571 times
For parking in Lynbrook, you need to submit a Commuter Parking Permit Application. Not sure of the cost, but it can be downloaded off the village website or give them a call for more info. There is plenty of commuter parking in Lynbrook (although you may have a bit of a walk depending on where you park).

Old 01-04-2010, 08:32 AM

61 posts, read 222,933 times
I know this is an old thread, but I've got a follow-up question:

My wife and I are closing this month on a house in Lynbrook--we'll be about .6 mile from the Lynbrook Station. I've already downloaded the commuter parking application, and if I get a permit I'll probably wait until March to have it processed (so it's good for 2010-2011)--but I've still got a pair of questions:

1) Is the commuter parking pass good for all of the "Parking Fields" listed on the Lynbrook Village website (http://www.lynbrookvillage.net/pdf/PARKING_FIELD_REGULATIONS.pdf (broken link))?

2) My plan is to get the permit but walk it on most days, driving closer only when the weather is bad (or the wife insists), but is that even worthwhile considering our current distance? Using Google Maps, it seems that only a third of the lots are significantly closer to the station than our future driveway. How early do the lots close to the train fill up? Obviously earlier on bad weather days, but any observed insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
(R)

Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigaLI View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I've got a follow-up question:

My wife and I are closing this month on a house in Lynbrook--we'll be about .6 mile from the Lynbrook Station. I've already downloaded the commuter parking application, and if I get a permit I'll probably wait until March to have it processed (so it's good for 2010-2011)--but I've still got a pair of questions:

1) Is the commuter parking pass good for all of the "Parking Fields" listed on the Lynbrook Village website (http://www.lynbrookvillage.net/pdf/PARKING_FIELD_REGULATIONS.pdf (broken link))?

2) My plan is to get the permit but walk it on most days, driving closer only when the weather is bad (or the wife insists), but is that even worthwhile considering our current distance? Using Google Maps, it seems that only a third of the lots are significantly closer to the station than our future driveway. How early do the lots close to the train fill up? Obviously earlier on bad weather days, but any observed insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
(R)
How much is the permit? It seems silly if you are only .6 miles from the trains. I personally think you are better off not getting it. Are there any side streets that you can park on? I would suggest mostly walking and then if you can park on a street, do that on the days when the weather is bad.

I live about 2-2.5 miles from my station...and I always walk. You will end up saving a lot of money in the long run.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM

153 posts, read 606,120 times
A lot of the side streets around the lynbrook train station are no parking. And the parking lot isn't even that great. If you're that close, walk.

The valley Stream train station is a little better parking wise, they have a lot more room, plus a lot of the side streets have meeters designed for long term parking.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 AM

61 posts, read 222,933 times
Thanks MR/MRS.... I'm thinking the same for now, but also realizing that should the Mrs. and I get around to filling those extra bedrooms we bought, I might look to at the least drive her to the station while she's pregnant, then either park for myself or return home and walk. I'm wondering when those closer lots typically fill up?

Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 16,706 times
Regarding a commuter parking permit in the Village of Lynbrook, the annual fee for this year was $125. That is from April 1 through March 31, 2011. The fee went up $25 this year, but had not increased over the last several years. Just please keep in mind that you MUST be a resident of the Incorporated Village of Lynbrook in order to get this parking permit. You must show your car registration, which must have your Lynbrook address on it. If you just recently moved into Lyunbrook, I would highly suggest that you go to DMV and have your registration revised to amend your address. The permit is good for any parking lot designated a Lynbrook "Commuter" parking lot. I know Valley Stream is similar, but you would have to contact the village to obtain the details for a commuter parking permit for Valley Stream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island