Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2017, 09:17 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Can't argue that litany of alt-facts.

-Net migration of Mexicans down.

So I guess Wikipedia and Bear Stearns are lying.

Quote:
-Remittances do not make a spit in the atlantic ocean of dent in gdp. It's nonexistent. False premise. Makes them look "un-american" that's all. More symbolism from the witless alt-right. If they bought an egg mcmuffin that day they supported America more than 1000's white couch surfers on welfare. Deal with it.
That wasn't my point, take a deep breath and try again. Remittances are a major factor in Mexico's GDP, which is why they are disincentivized to do anything about the problem.

Quote:
-Israel walll?! 440 mile wall with half the citizens in the military?! Nice comparison to our 2500 mile fantasy with multiple states unsure they want a part of it. Plus, no one lobbing bombs at us from Mexico (oops, I shouldn't say that out loud or it will become an "alt fact" and Spicer will be delivering an adderall fueled rant about it tomorrow).
You're becoming unhinged, attacking phantom enemies. Another deep breath, please. The cost of the wall is estimated at $5-10 billion. California alone spends many times that on services to illegals every year. Got some perspective.

Quote:
-Obama was great on immigration. Deporter in chief. Repubs kept their mouth shut on that one (not good for the base). We also did not get attacked (except by angry ex-GI's with PTSD from serving in the gulf).
lol that you believe this. Obama did deport a bit in the beginning for appearances but even those numbers were juked, adding in people turned away at the border to the total "deported" number. He subsequently gave up entirely and pushed illegal amnesty, DACA, restrained the border patrol, shut down surveillance programs, and a host of other measures designed to bring in more potential democratic voters.

Quote:
Funny I am the only one to argue with you and I AM a centrist. I'm fine with deporting most or many illegals. As long as it's done smartly as it effects the economy. Tired of Dems and Repubs wrecking the economy to make political points with their base over social issues like immigration and abortion.

You don't like Mexican workers? That's capitalism. Germany is now jobbing out labor to...wait for it...Russia. Why? Money on the table for both parties. So what if 74 years ago they were bombing, killing and raping each other by the millions. Someone has to solder those solar panels. Mexican's picking fruit? Big whoop.
Yes, who cares about your fellow Americans who are out of work and on social programs in record numbers. That's just capitalism! he said, and went back to reading The Economist. Above all, salaries must be kept down. The people must be kept disunited. The culture must be fragmented.

Have you perhaps considered other options to keep the economy humming besides demographic replacement? An alternative strategy that doesn’t require national suicide is to allow actual members of the nation to have more children. Immigration, by squeezing wages and living space and requiring increased taxation, makes it harder for citizens to have large families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 10:05 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Lol that you believe this. Obama did deport a bit in the beginning for appearances but even those numbers were juked, adding in people turned away at the border to the total "deported" number. He subsequently gave up entirely and pushed illegal amnesty, DACA, restrained the border patrol, shut down surveillance programs, and a host of other measures designed to bring in more potential democratic voters.
Very true. The deporter in chief lie was debunked time and time again. Janet Napolitano herself then Obamas secretary of DHS admitted under oath they were cooking the numbers by combining border removals with actual interior deportations. The fact is interior deportations plummeted under Obama.

Plenty of articles out there on the subject

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html

Old 02-25-2017, 10:15 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post

Have you perhaps considered other options to keep the economy humming besides demographic replacement? An alternative strategy that doesn’t require national suicide is to allow actual members of the nation to have more children. Immigration, by squeezing wages and living space and requiring increased taxation, makes it harder for citizens to have large families.
Finally!! THE Reason why immigration has been so lax for so long.

White people are lazy sacks of poop. They have been for many years. Birth rates aren't going anywherebut down most likely. That's probably why these religious nut jobs are pushing anti-abortion measures so hard. You nut jobs should probably give the latinos whatever they want. They alone are the reason the Catholic Church didn't crumble.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:24 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Finally!! THE Reason why immigration has been so lax for so long.

White people are lazy sacks of poop. They have been for many years. Birth rates aren't going anywherebut down most likely. That's probably why these religious nut jobs are pushing anti-abortion measures so hard. You nut jobs should probably give the latinos whatever they want. They alone are the reason the Catholic Church didn't crumble.
Incorrect. Africa is far and away the Catholic Church's biggest growth area. Not Hispanics.

Also find it amazing that you classify an entire class of people as "lazy sacks of poop". Another brilliant observation from the bleeding heart long isle that routinely spews out sexist and racist self loathing nonsense, while slamming others as racist for wanting the law to be enforced. Typical.

Last edited by peconic117; 02-25-2017 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-25-2017, 10:48 AM

190 posts, read 152,598 times
Quote:
Yes, who cares about your fellow Americans who are out of work and on social programs in record numbers. That's just capitalism! he said, and went back to reading The Economist. Above all, salaries must be kept down. The people must be kept disunited. The culture must be fragmented.

So now we need to stop all immigration? It's harder to have large families because these days both parents are working. They have to work. So now there is an increased responsibility on both parents to provide.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:58 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Incorrect. Africa is far and away the Catholic Church's biggest growth area. Not Hispanics.

Also find it amazing that you classify an entire class of people as "lazy sacks of poop". Another brilliant observation from the bleeding heart long isle that routinely spews out sexist and racist self loathing nonsense, while slamming others as racist for wanting the law to be enforced. Typical.
I meant Catholic Church in the US. After all those criminals were found guilty of molesting all the innocent children. Perhaps it wouldn't crumble but if not for Hispanics attending mass in this country it would have devastated the church. Even as is the church has be decimated year after year with closings all over the place. There is hope though, the new Pope seems like such a great,intelligent human.

I never call anyone a racist. You were probably just brought up that way and Lude described himself as a racist but, that was after many posts on City-data describing his deep compassion and love for immigrants.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:29 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
SO the peanut gallery again start ranting but offer zero solutions to the economic realities that caused the mess and keeps the laws unenforced.

"Who care about my poor fellow Americans.." What a crock! Until you show some concern for corporate and defense welfare, trickle down, tax dodging, bank speculation, expatriation of massive wealth...you are full of beans. Systematic looting of the economy has been in effect since 1980. THAT IS WHY THE MIGRANTS ARE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. We've jobbed out labor from then until now and gutted the middle class. Automation is the next assault. Manufacturing is NOT COMING BACK.

...and you have daily erections over the new regime...who are doubling down on all of it. Debt, rich get richer, blah blah. Poor Americans because Juan is picking all the broccoli instead of him. Sure, go peddle that ridiculous narrative down at CPAC. Not at me. They've got you so duped.

None of you can focus on the economics (and you can make your silly swipe that I read "The Economist...I don't, lol)...because when you do, you go off the rails and start talking about bizarre social conditions like Americans can't have enough children due to space constraints caused by Mexicans (wtf?!?). Many shades of cuckoo right there. Americans don't have kids because they can't stay married and it costs a lot...or they're gay...or they don't like kids. haha. This isn't China. We have no laws against procreating.

American's can't make a toaster anymore either. Or we just don't want to pay what it costs for an American to make a toaster...or pick a tomato.

Deal with THAT reality. All it takes is enforcing the employment laws already on the books. Don't employ;oy them. They go home. THAT is what has more or less been happening since the recession anyway.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeWhyte View Post
ok then you are reporting facts to the police, which though I think is petty, I can't argue with. But reporting that you suspect people are illegal based solely on the number of people living in the home and their license plate is clear racial profiling. It's like pulling over a black man because he has dreads and is smoking a cigar. But some people can't see their own prejudice.
How is what I had written prejudiced?

So that you don't have to scroll back:

Quote:
How many legal citizens or legal aliens live 20 to a house?

Moving beyond the residents citizenship, these illegally subdivided rentals create a very real hazard to the lives and well being of our firefighers. Have you forgotten Black Sunday?
Read what I had written.

Did I mention race? No.
Did I mention ethnicity? No.
Did I pose a question regarding if people who are citizens or legal aliens live in overcrowded homes? Yes.
Do citizens and legal aliens live in overcrowded homes? Yes, some do. Race and ethnicity is irrelevant.
Do illegally subdivided rentals pose risk to the lives of firefighters and first responders? Yes.

Moving forward, do illegally subdivided rentals pose risk to the people (legal or illegal) who live there? Yes.

So if I call the town to report that a home is illegally subdivided, leading to potentially deadly conditions and in direct violation of the building codes, please tell me how that makes me prejudiced or gives you the right to suggest I am profiling?

Old 02-25-2017, 12:18 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
The better point about Native Americans is what happens to your people when you let in too many foreigners.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:23 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
The better point about Native Americans is what happens to your people when you let in too many foreigners.
They weren't let it. They came of their own free will and desire and they are you. We are all immigrants to North America. The only difference is now is a formal border and 30 + years of little immigration enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island