Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 09:35 PM

22 posts, read 89,103 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody. I'm trying to get a better idea about a particular area of Lindenhurst. My wife and I may start looking in Lindenhurst for our first home, in addition to other areas we're currently looking in (the Babylons, West Islip, East Islip, Deer Park). The area of Lindenhurst I'm curious about is the neighborhood around "Irmisch Park" -- aka Lindenhurst Village Park. This is just north of the train station and village area. Streets like Hartford St, Gary St, Fremont St, Easton St, and everything around them.

My understanding is that some specific areas of Lindenhurst WAY north are questionable (subjective, of course). So I'm wondering about this following:

1. If this particular area I'm asking about is considered one of the "nicer" areas of Lindenhurst...
  2. If this particular area is considered a problem area for flooding...
  3. If this area has any known issue regarding a lot of renters (some building/houses seem like they are multi-family, or small apartment buildings)... We are looking for an area with more of a typical South Shore middle class family vibe (if that makes sense).
  4. If there are any other areas of Lindenhurst that are widely agreed to be more "desirable" (clean, low crime, safe at night, working people, etc).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,531 times
Hi there..what was your assessment on west islip with a bay shore address? I am curious about this area myself. Any thoughts you can share would be appreciated.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:40 PM

764 posts, read 1,553,549 times
The parts of lindenhurst west of town hall just north of sunrise are not bad either. They are outside of the village and dont pay village taxes. Just stay south of farmers ave.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:13 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,712 times
just want to say i'm in for answers lol.

lindenhurst has very reasonably priced homes and a lot are quite nice. but i don't know much about the area so i would like to hear too same with babylon

Old 07-05-2017, 03:32 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
I think the OP is referring to Fireman's Park (because it is near the training grounds for the Lindenhurst Fire Department). I think that area is pretty nice, my parents in fact live not too far away.

A real estate agent I was talking to said that part of Lindenhurst (the northwest part of the village between Sunrise Highway and the railroad tracks) is called the "Alphabet section" because the avenues are in alphabetical order (Alleghany, Broome, Clinton, Delaware, Erie, etc.). Named after counties in New York State I believe.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:25 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,231 times
Smile Correction

^^^^That is the northeast section not northwest.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:21 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
^^^^That is the northeast section not northwest.
Ooops Ralph is right. Its the Northwest section of Lindenhurst.

Between Sunrise Highway and the Railroad Tracks (Babylon Line)
Between Wellwood Avenue and Santapogue Creek (the border of West Babylon)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island